cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand tracking in VRChat

DEAF_ErikDiamon
Honored Guest
I am deaf.  I just brought Oculus 2 and immediately go to a sign language world in VRChat but it doesn’t seem that the hand tracking is not ready for it.  Why?  
6 REPLIES 6

BartonVR
Honored Guest
The hand tracking support hasnt been added by VrChat devs yet. Its on their end. They need to know how the Quest 2 outputs the information so they can implament it. Since the quest 2 is fairly new, it will take some time before we see it added. 

TwistySponge
Honored Guest
games like Spatial already supports it idk why they need to "know how the quest 2 outputs the information" like bruh games already support it

Simon.Australia
Explorer
It's fairly trivial to implement hand tracking. It's probably not a big priority right now, plus would conflict with their current avatar system.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually, with ALVR index emulation and vrchat on steamvr, hand tracking works fine. Hand tracking developer SDK has been out for a year. VRchat should implement it into their game soon, because we already know its possible. It's only a matter of laziness and time.

NotChekote
Honored Guest
What's this Index Emulation you speak of? Whenever I use ALVR (with hands or quest controllers) it always shows quest controllers in VR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
ngl I need that