cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphone Issue - Audio out of one side

rlin5741
Explorer
I have a new Quest 2 256GB, and sometime over the last two days the headphone jack putting out audio for my right ear.  I believe it was working well before, but I did not really test it since so far I've used it 99% on the speakers.  The speakers work fine, get audio from both sides, its just the headphones that only have sound out of one side.  Anyone else seeing this issue?  Is there a setting I am missing?
8 REPLIES 8

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Are you using a headset with the microphone?  If so that might be your problem.

rlin5741
Explorer

PITTCANNA said:

Are you using a headset with the microphone?  If so that might be your problem.

I was not aware the Quest does not work with microphone headphones - I was initially using a set that does have a microphone (for phone calls).  But then I switched to a set of Shure earbuds that do not have a microphone, and it still only has sound on the left.

PITTCANNA
Visionary
How to Connect a Headset to a Laptop Tablet or Smartphone With a Single  Audio Jack

if it looks like this it won't work, because it won't pick up the ground.  check your buds again.

rlin5741
Explorer
zkqigibh578q.jpg

I used both of these.  I think the official specs claim any headset is usable, and note that for me, its only one side that is inaudible.  I just did a factory reset, no dice.  Within return window so may just exchange it and see what happens, unless you guys have other ideas.

rlin5741
Explorer
But just to check, there is no "balance" setting on the quest 2, is there (e.g. how much volume between Left and Right)?

PITTCANNA
Visionary
it is not compatible with all headsets.  it says 3.5mm stereo headphone jack.  you could try a few different headphones but really you should not use a headset that has inline microphone it could damage the audio circuit.  if this is already shorted then you might have to rma.

Crunch_Corner
Honored Guest
I have the same issue did you get it sorted i have tried several pairs different leads etc. I know it was working but seems to have stopped 

TetrafinTypeC
Honored Guest
I recently bought a fraken quest 2 mod... i was so excited to get away from the cheap bands given by default the deluxe audio strap felt good. At first i thought the audio was great but then i found out i was being an idiot because th aux wasn't plugged in. i plugged it in and could hear nothing.