cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up... Oculus - Radeon problem

Aaack
Honored Guest

Posting for the benefit or others...  Yesterday I updated my Radeon driver (for 5700XT) to the latest/current, Adrenalin 21.6.1, released 6/21/2021 and later found that my Oculus Windows app and link was broke.  It exhibited 2 symptoms, one was the Can't Reach Oculus Runtime Service message and the other was the Oculus Windows app recursing over start and crash.  When I could the screen that popped up for a second it had the Oculus isn't compatible with this systems hardware.

I did many repairs, unintalls and reinstalls and even factory reset my Quest 2.  After much googling, diags and attempts I recalled that I updated my video driver. 

I removed the current Radeon driver and reinstalled the last driver released in April and all is well.  Seems the lastest Radeon driver is not working with the Oculus apps/service.

1 REPLY 1

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

No real surprises.  AMD has always had more PCVR problems imho.  Maybe this will improve in the future.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers