cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please with New OQ2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently picked up a OQ2 because samsung stopped supporting the Rift that I had which I absolutely loved.  The OQ2 is fine ... but I doesn't seem to be able to do any of the things that the Rift could because the Rift really worked off of the phone and the OQ2 is kind of just ... so meh.  How can I do the following things that I would easily and without effort do in the Rift?

1. I have home movies and things on my phone.  I can also put them on a laptop.  I used to be able to watch them on the Rift with ease but everyone I talk to while in a OC2 room like poker or a game tells me it is impossible ... is there truly no way to watch the videos and look at the galleries I have on my phone and laptop?  I was told just having whatever expensive Oculus cable isn't enough.  How can I do this?  It's actually one of my biggest problems with the device.
  2. I want to lay down sometimes and do/watch things but when I lay down the guardian it always knows where the floor is ... even if I use the Oculus button to center things.  No matter what I do or what position my head or body is in the guardian or stationary guardian always points or knows what up/down is.
  3. When I do watch a 3D video online there is no way to adjust the view on it.  For example on the Rift if I watch a 3D video I could tilt my head up and reset and the view would go up higher ... this would allow me to see the picture better.  On the OQ2 I can't readjust the picture in any way ... so I find that I have to lean forward and get into uncomfortable positions to view anything ... which makes it suck.  How can I adjust the view so that I can just watch it with my head tilted back and then tilt my head forward to see the lower stuff on the screen?
  4. How can I view PDF's or spreadsheets ... or god forbid something work related?
  5. I can go the the Xfinity website and see my account and stramable videos, but when I try to watch one I get error messages.  I'm using the FireFox VR browser for internet stuff.  I think the issue is that the browser isn't compatible with the streaming service.  Is there an Xfinity streaming app?  There was for the Rift.  And if not what is the BEST browser to use for streaming online 2D and 3D videos?

Thanks for the help ... this OQ2 is NOT a friendly device, especially if you are new to them.  I so much more preferred the Rift.

9 REPLIES 9

PITTCANNA
Visionary

The rift works with a pc note a smartphone, so i assume you mean the gear or go?

The oq2 is a friendly device, after you get to know it.

I also think your confusing a lot of stuff together. 

So to better help can you assure the rift connected to mobile phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The oculus rift for samsung gear vr ... this was awesome and easy to use.  It makes the OQ2 look like a 36 speed 3 gear box tractor trailer compared to an easy to drive automatic caddy.  It does nothing that the rift did.  Pic below.

that is not a rift, that is a gear vr.  that is a pos system that is not even capable of oq2 capability.

Anonymous
Not applicable

well I won't believe that at all until you can explain how your omega state of the art OC2 can do the same silly little POS stuff that the gear did.

Lets see

Use it to play titles such as beat saber, hyper dash, top golf, population one, running at near 4k and 90 hz refresh rate.

Connect it to computer and access steam vr, and oculus rift titles

Use a router and wireless pvcr

Put virtual desktop on the oq2, and the stream app on your pc and you can basically control your pc. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really care about playing the little wii games on it ... but I'd like to hear more about "Put virtual desktop on the oq2, and the stream app on your pc and you can basically control your pc."  This sounds like I can use an actual computer to play movies/stream vids and watch them on the OQ2.  Can you explain what I need to do that?

Little wii games LOL.  

But virtual desktop is easy.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2017050365004772/

use the above link to purchase the app and the below link to install the client app on the pc

https://www.vrdesktop.net/

the stremaer app is required for the pc to talk to the headset.  Everything will stream wireless via wifi with the router plugged to the pc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's helpful.  Do I need the "Oculus Link Virtual Reality Headset Cable for Quest 2 and Quest - 16FT (5M) - PC VR" for anything?  What does that do?

the link cable works with oculus app on the pc.  

Its useful but not worth the 80 dollars.  The virtual desktop is a better value.  Virtual desktop can run oculus pc games wirelessly through virtual desktop.

The link cable just turns the quest 2 into a rift s used with a cpu.