cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

CocaColaBro041
Protege

I need help with this, everytime I try to download the Oculus software for the quest it says I don't have any space for it even tho I have 1 drive that has way over 50 GB. I have had the software before but I uninstalled it because I reset my system. I have tried so many things but nothing seems to work. PLEASE HELP ME

25 REPLIES 25

wilza7
Expert Protege

Not something silly like C:\Program Files\Oculus\ already exists, and its getting upset it can't make it again?

I couldn't find anything like that so Idk, maybe its something else

Idk I checked and there was no oculus folder so I don't think it's that.

Is there anything else I could do to fix this because I've been trying to fix this since yesterday and nothing seems to work I really need help.

wilza7
Expert Protege

i must be feeling keen....  i got process monitor out to see what OculusSetup.exe is doing.  so up to the point of clicking 'Install Now', process monitor captured 22601 events!  which is a fair few!

But the ones that caught my attention between the two screens of interest are:

It creates C:\Users\<my user id>\AppData\Local\Temp\OculusSetup-3a4af037-f0f5-4521-82d8-24236445f899\Shlwapi.dll

It creates C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.LanguageExperiencePacken-GB_19041.15.36.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Windows\System32\en-GB\propsys.dll.mui

It creates a bunch of files in C:\Windows\Fonts\   though they look like standard font filenames, so i suspect its not actually creating them, but instead doing some sort of check if they're present.

and a token few things with registry

wilza7_0-1614802480815.png

wilza7
Expert Protege

guess one other thing to ask....  right after you run OculusSetup.exe, do you get UAC asking if OculusSetup.exe can make changes to your PC?  so its running with elevated privileges 

No, nothing like that appears on the screen when I open it.

you wouldn't get sysinternals process monitor, as that is something completely different and nothing to do with oculus.  i'm using it to try and get some understanding of what the OculusSetup.exe is doing and where it might be failing.

if you're not getting a UAC check right after running OculusSetup.exe then thats something in its self.  the setup is probably not running with the right privileges.

it should look like this but say Oculus App, this example is for Windows Command Processor.

wilza7_3-1614804341538.png

if you don't get UAC, i'm tempted to say something else is wrong with your Windows, and OculusSetup is just showing it up.  i seem to have upset the forum and it thinks i'm post flooding.  grrrr

Ok so now I get UAC when I run it but the storage thing is still happening.

wilza7
Expert Protege

hum...  i think back to temp files....  did you check to see if C:\Users\<your userid>\AppData\Local\Temp\OculusSetup-<some random stuff>\ exists?

Though given whats left on my PC, it looks like it makes a directory with a random name every time.  so the chance of it having a name conflict is pretty remote.  My Local\Temp\ folder is full of a lot of junk though!  time for a tidy up for me.  Guessing your might have a lot of abandoned stuff there too.

The file under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ needs privileged access to go check, so probs leave that alone for now.