cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon Workrooms Desktop Resolution

ImmersiveMatthew
Expert Protege

I am looking into using Horizon Workrooms for my developer VLOG but the Desktop sharing feature seems to be limited to 1280x800 which is way too small to share my project in Unity.  Is there a way to increase or are there plans to increase this limitation?  Any increase of the desktop resolution being shared, kills the Desktop sharing.  I think FB is on the right stack of mail with Horizon Workrooms, but we really need higher resolution, and a way to share the room via a virtual camera so we can also stream it all to YouTube etc.  I am exploring ways around the latter with a second Quest 2 looking into the room and being streamed to desktop via SideQuest.  Not a low friction solution but one that works well enough for now.  That or perhaps a capturing someone via desktop person (versus HMD) but I think that will require a second PC, which will make the stream much more complex to capture.  Any thoughts or insights on when these feature may be coming?  

2 REPLIES 2

gregghoush
Honored Guest

I need much higher resolution and clarity as well. Could we send the screen over the link cable to get higher quality? Something has to be done. Right now sharing my screen up at the whiteboard is just way to blurry.

mynameised
Honored Guest

Virtual desktop has this, but not the ability to bring a keyboard into VR, which is pretty important to me.