cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get RMA label of Quest2?

ctangel
Honored Guest
I got the oculus quest2 that has a dead pixel, ten days ago.
I report it and make a support ticket.
but Ten days just passed....

I want to know other's experience of RMA.

3 REPLIES 3

andrew_otherton
Explorer
Hi there.

Appreciate I'm replying to an oldish post, but just wanted to share my experiences of Oculus RMAs and customer service as a customer here in the UK.

I've found this forum because I recently purchased a Quest 2 and discovered from the get go it had 2 dead pixels. I'd owned an Oculus Go before this with no such problems - but the battery finally gave up on that one, and seeing as there are no user-serviceable parts inside...

So I handed over my £300 ($400 US) and purchased a Quest 2.

My experience with Oculus CS so far has been really dissapointing. I had to jump through various hoops to convince them there was an issue. They asked the classic question - can you take some photos to show the dead pixels? - not easy, not easy at all! I finally managed to get a shot and sent it across. More delays from Oculus customer support. It doesn't help that you never seem to get the same person twice answering your email. More delays, then finally I was given an RMA.

Sent it back using a courier here in the Uk called DHL. Heard nothing back from Oculus. Emailed again and again, only to be told to wait up to 12 business days for a response, and that my replacement would be winging it's way to me promptly.

12 days came and went. Nothing. As it stands, I'm still emailing Oculus on a daily basis for an update. I'm told my email is really important and they thank me for reaching out, but as yet, nothing has been resolved.

I'm just posting this as a cautionary tale to anyone who buys the Quest 2 and has an issue like I did. The level of customer service is extremely poor, and getting any decent updates or engagement out of them is like getting blood out of a stone.

Anyway, sorry for the rant! Hope you've had better luck than me!

All the best

woolverine
Explorer
I'm having the same issues with Oculus Customer Support. It's the worst customer service I have ever experienced. We thought buying direct from Oculus would be the best experience like we have done with so many other consumer electronic manufacturers. Boy were we wrong. It's been horrible. We bought 4 256GB headsets from them for Christmas, as well as games, elite straps with batteries and other accessories. Huge investment. They had less than 30 days of use and now one of the headsets boots up to a black screen, even after 3 factory resets, and I am in the endless cycle of emails and trying to get support to do an exchange. Absolutely held captive by the fact that they will only provide support via email and at their pace. I haven't received a response to my last 3 emails. I have called the attorney General in out state and will be filing an official consumer protection complaint with them and with the better business bureau. All we want now is a refund. I no longer wish to even exchange it. I can't believe in today's society and with today's technology any company can believe this sort of customer experience is acceptable. Facebook is a $39.9B company ranked 14th in the entire world. They can afford to provide quality customer care and live support. Even if it were just over live chat and not the phone. It's incomprehensible. 

woolverine
Explorer
I'm having the same issues with Oculus Support. It's the worst customer service I have ever experienced. We too thought buying direct from Oculus would be the best experience like we have done with so many other consumer electronic manufacturers. Boy were we wrong. It's been horrible. We bought 4 256GB headsets from them for Christmas, as well as games, elite straps with batteries and other accessories. Huge investment. They had less than 30 days of use and now one of the headsets boots up to a black screen, even after 3 factory resets, and I am in the endless cycle of emails and trying to get support to do an exchange. Absolutely held captive by the fact that they will only provide support via email and at their pace. I haven't received a response to my last 3 emails. I have called the attorney General in out state and will be filing an official consumer protection complaint with them and with the better business bureau. All we want now is a refund. I no longer wish to even exchange it. I can't believe in today's society and with today's technology any company can believe this sort of customer experience is acceptable. Facebook is a $39.9B company ranked 14th in the entire world. They can afford to provide quality customer care and live support. Even if it were just over live chat and not the phone. It's incomprehensible.