cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with broken elite strap warranty from retailers?

robxb
Honored Guest
Hi, I just purchased a Quest 2 and want to buy an Elite Strap from Best Buy (as the already over-priced strap is $10 cheaper than from Oculus' Website, here in Canada). How does the warranty work if the headset breaks, if purchased from a retailer? Does anyone have any firsthand experience with this?
6 REPLIES 6

nalex66
MVP
MVP
If it breaks early on, you may be able to exchange it with the retailer.

FYI the Oculus store price includes sales tax for Canadian customers, so with that taken into account, the price comes out the same.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
I'm pretty sure it's the law all products are guaranteed for one year if the user is not at fault. You should be fine getting a refund or exchange if something goes wrong within a year. I don't know if you would have to pay for shipping to repair it though.

robxb
Honored Guest

nalex66 said:

FYI the Oculus store price includes sales tax for Canadian customers, so with that taken into account, the price comes out the same.

Oh good to know, thanks! That's very helpful. I'll likely order direct from Oculus then

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there! Whether or not you purchase the Elite Strap through us directly or retail, if it breaks or otherwise becomes unusable, you can reach out to us by clicking here so that we can help you out. Thanks!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

GxMech
Honored Guest

I have been going back and forth with support over this issue.  It is obvious that they know there is an issue with these straps breaking.  I provided photos and a receipt on the first contact.  Since then I have received a request for a receipt for my Quest 2 itself, which was a Holiday gift from my company.  I just can't believe the amount of emails to replace a unit that is clearly covered under warranty.  I have extremely light use on my unit, which I am sure they can see on their end.  This whole ordeal has soured a over very positive experience with Oculus.  My quest2 is one of 3 VR Units I have owned.  I am so disgusted with this situation that I have spent the better part of my day writing reviews.  It doesn't have to be this way.

I'm talking to some dude names Alvaro on your chat support now, and he won't replace it. Told me the warranty is through amazon. Why won't you honor  your warranty?