cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPD setting

Dany_Chry
Honored Guest
Hello everyone! I have oculus quest 1 and I'd like to buy the number 2, my problem that my  IPDP is 55mm, in quest 1 the lens were attacked but here I don't see the possibility to do it and I feel discouraged to buy it,
also my brother has 61 instead, he said that he tried it at 63 but he sees blurry and He's thinking to sell it ... do you know if an updated version will come out with the problem solved?
2 REPLIES 2

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
This is unfortunately a problem with the Quest 2. Many of us are hoping for a software IPD adjustment in the future. You can vote for that feature enhancement here:

https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/921937-oculus-quest-2-and-quest/suggestions/41432152-software-ip...

vududeman
Expert Protege
It may be worth trying the Quest 2 at the lowest IPD setting (58).  I'm at 58 myself and wife is 55mm and she can use the Quest 2 just fine.  For actually playing games, it may not make much difference.  If you are trying to read a bunch of text, it could be a little more blurry (but your vision itself may be a bigger factor).  BTW--in the example of someone being 2mm off causing it to be super blurry, it could be other factors as well (like vision) or unrealistic expectations.  I also had the Quest 1 and I could adjust the slider up a few mm and I couldn't tell much difference.  At least the Quest 2 has some adjustment (unlike the Rift S locked at ~63mm - I tried that with my 58mm eyes and it was still usable). To me the biggest factor is experience playing games, not expecting VR to look as good as our computer screens.  Good luck!