cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect time on Quest

Thumper15
Honored Guest
I was curious how I can change the time on my Quest home screen. I bought my Quest in a different time zone and now the time is off. Is there a way to change it to the correct time?
28 REPLIES 28

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer
Have you tried a factory reset? I’m not sure if it will correct the time but I’m guessing it will.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Have you tried connecting the phone app to the headset in your current timezone?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Askjerry
Protege
It is 11:00PM here, the headset shows 04:00. I have opened the APP and connected... I have put the headset on... and it still shows the wrong time. I would think that it should sync to my phone... so if I fly to another time zone... they would BOTH have the proper time... but no.

I have looked through the app and the headset... I see NOTHING that says to change the time nor the time-zone.

When I FIRST bought the unit... the time was correct... I had an issue and did a FACTORY RESET... then the time was wrong. The MINUTES are correct... but not the HOURS. Where is the SET TIME feature? Or... change TIME ZONE feature... Or SYNC to PHONE feature?????

stealthieone
Honored Guest

Askjerry said:

It is 11:00PM here, the headset shows 04:00. I have opened the APP and connected... I have put the headset on... and it still shows the wrong time. I would think that it should sync to my phone... so if I fly to another time zone... they would BOTH have the proper time... but no.

I have looked through the app and the headset... I see NOTHING that says to change the time nor the time-zone.

When I FIRST bought the unit... the time was correct... I had an issue and did a FACTORY RESET... then the time was wrong. The MINUTES are correct... but not the HOURS. Where is the SET TIME feature? Or... change TIME ZONE feature... Or SYNC to PHONE feature?????

I'm having the same problem.. The hours are wrong... And also my headset will not update

TimeScout
Honored Guest
Ditto, also having this problem. Headset thinks it's 4 hours in the future, and there's no time / clock settings to fix this!

wanderingbliss
Honored Guest
Now experiencing this issue. I also cannot connect to websites because of a system time warning. When I attempt to change the time, date configuration arrows are displayed momentarily before the window goes black.

Edit: I also have never changed time zones.

analogX
Honored Guest
I have this issue too.   I have reset the headset and synced to my phone.   I haven't traveled anywhere to throw this off.  Not sure why or what the fix is, but simple time settings in the options would be a great idea.   

I think Oculus/Facebook needs to get a grasp on how to properly create updates for the Quest.    They are not in the OS business and if they don't get their stuff together soon, a company that does have lots of OS experience (Microsoft, Apple, Google) will hop into the VR world and take over quickly.   

SOisTheMAN
Explorer
You can sideload this app which allow you to open android settings, and
from there you can change you time. I haven't tried myself changing
time, but I see the date and time settings just like android phone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dxidev.openhiddensettings&hl=en

AM800Mats
Honored Guest
i dont want to reset my quest because i have slow wifi and it would take forever to download everything again. SOmeone pls help i want to be able to tell the time