cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info QUEST

Morknano
Honored Guest
I wanted to buy Oculus Quest, but I noticed that not all games are supported (rift has more, including my child's favorite (loco Dojo) I thought I would buy then also Link to connect everything to the computer.  However I have seen that Oculus does not work with Macs and I have an iMac. Do you have any solutions? thank you and sorry for my bad English
4 REPLIES 4

enigma01
Trustee
I’m not aware that the system requirements have been released for Link yet, but going by  Rift software that only supports Windows. Oculus Link will also use the computers GPU to process the graphics etc, so even if the software did support Mac, you’d also need it configured with a GPU that can run the games. Probably something like the Radeon Pro with at least 4gb RAM? If you have an iMac with an integrated GPU, you won’t be able to run games using Link. 

Morknano
Honored Guest
Thank you, the MAC configuration is:
IMac / (retina 5k, 27 inch, late 2015)
Processor: 4 ghz intel core i7 quad-core
Memory: 32 gb 1867 Mhz ddr3
Graphics card: AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 gb

maybe the graphics card is too weak? Are there mini PCs at low cost just to connect Oculus?

enigma01
Trustee
It’s most likely the Oculus Link requirements will be very similar to that of the Rift. The min GPUs specified from AMD and Nvidia both have 4gb. You can see the requirements here:
https://support.oculus.com/248749509016567/

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not so much the hardware, it's the operating system. Oculus works with Windows, not Mac or Linux.