cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Desktop good enough?

Black_Wings
Level 2
Im looking to buy a new desktop and I found one that looks like it should do everything I want from it. Here are the Specs, just want to make sure it'll run my Quest 2 with no problems before I buy. I also play modded ARK: Survival Evolved and want to make sure it can handle that on full graphics settings as well!

• Ryzen 5 3rd Gen 3600X (3.80 GHz)
  • 16 GB DDR4
  • 960 GB SSD
  • Windows 10 Home
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB GDDR5
  • Virtual Reality Ready
Now it says VR ready but I don't want to rely on that alone. Any and all help will be appreciated and if you guys need any extra info lemme know and ill see what I can find!
3 REPLIES 3

PITTCANNA
Level 13

Im looking to buy a new desktop and I found one that looks like it should do everything I want from it. Here are the Specs, just want to make sure it'll run my Quest 2 with no problems before I buy. I also play modded ARK: Survival Evolved and want to make sure it can handle that on full graphics settings as well!

• Ryzen 5 3rd Gen 3600X (3.80 GHz)
  • 16 GB DDR4
  • 960 GB SSD
  • Windows 10 Home
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB GDDR5
  • Virtual Reality Ready
Now it says VR ready but I don't want to rely on that alone. Any and all help will be appreciated and if you guys need any extra info lemme know and ill see what I can find!

its bare minium, it should run, but maybe not well.

Howie_Doodat
Level 8
I, personally, think that buying that graphics card in 2021 is pretty self defeating. You’ll need to replace it so soon that it seems like a waste of money. 

clouds5
Level 5
It's a good system except for the GPU. It will work but for most games you'll have to turn resolution down quite a lot to make it smooth and stay in 72hz mode. Just for comparison, I have an rtx 2070 and that is still not enough to use 90hz and anything close to native resolution (I mostly use 72/80hz and ~1.2 render res, native would be 1.5-1.7). I'd say good cards for the Quest 2 PCVR are 2080ti and 3070 or better. BUT, we need more VRAM...
I5-10600kf@5Ghz, 16GB DDR3600, RTX 2070