cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag spikes whenever i use Oculus Link

TetiLi
Honored Guest
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but when i try to use my quest 2 with pc via the official oculus link cable, it gives me these intense unplayable lag spikes in games. The desktop and everything works fine, but as soon as i fire up Steam VR and open up a game, it firstly takes forever to load and when it does get in game. The screen freezes often and i see the black edges around. 
Once i tried to play via PC it worked fine but next time i turned on the quest 2, the games were now again laggy. My pc meets the requirements for both the games and VR ready. 
Anyone else got some solution to this?
5 REPLIES 5

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

TetiLi said:

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but when i try to use my quest 2 with pc via the official oculus link cable, it gives me these intense unplayable lag spikes in games. The desktop and everything works fine, but as soon as i fire up Steam VR and open up a game, it firstly takes forever to load and when it does get in game. The screen freezes often and i see the black edges around. 
Once i tried to play via PC it worked fine but next time i turned on the quest 2, the games were now again laggy. My pc meets the requirements for both the games and VR ready. 

if the USB C you have is on the motherboard it may not be enough, and would have to try a pci card that then requites you to connect it to the pc`s power supply

TetiLi
Honored Guest

TetiLi said:

if the USB C you have is on the motherboard it may not be enough, and would have to try a pci card that then requites you to connect it to the pc`s power supply

im using an adapter. i dont have a usb C port in my motherboard, so i plug in the usb C in a usb A adapter. i dont know if it makes any difference

TetiLi
Honored Guest
i fixed the problem. this thread can just be closed !

privateryann
Honored Guest

TetiLi said:

i fixed the problem. this thread can just be closed !

How did you fix the problem

Rosto79
Protege
I would also like to know how you fixed the problem!! Can you tell us please?