cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop says it does not meet requirement for LINK

davie_zone
Honored Guest
Hi Guys

I've just bought a laptop after following the minimum requirements to get my Quest hooked up via link.

I've bought an Asus TUF FX505.

It has a RYZEN R5- GTX 1650 - 8GB Ram .

By the minimum requirements it should be ok but Oculus says it does not?

Any ideas 

Thanks in advance

16 REPLIES 16

davie_zone
Honored Guest
Hi @Techy111 Ideally I would like to be around £1000 a little bit either way is fine. 

The next model is

a ASUS TUF FX505DV 15.6" FHD 120Hz Thin Bezel Gaming Laptop (AMD R7-3750H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB, 512GB PCI-e SSD, 16GB RAM, Windows 10)

GuruShastry
Explorer
I have the tuf505 with i7 and 1060 and it works fine, well sort of, alvr actually runs smoother just doesn't look as good in some games ive found, id give alvr a go.

davie_zone
Honored Guest
alvr ??? I have read some people talking about paying for a server . Shadow something and streaming games via somebody elses good spec .

Is this a similar thing 

GuruShastry
Explorer
pretty much except its free, its a little bit of a nuisance to get working but with a few tweaks to the router and alvr software its definitely worth trying, speeds have been fine for me and ive been doing a lot of racing,

GuruShastry
Explorer
you need a 5ghz router and be able to assign ips manually to 5ghz, and connect computer via ethernet

davie_zone
Honored Guest
To be honest it sounds a little technical for me . Do you have any links for tutorials lol

GuruShastry
Explorer
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/683981#Comment_683981
this is a pretty decent guide, I used a combination of this and youtube vids to get it working, its not too bad just confusing at first.