cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link cable not working

LinkoPalinko
Honored Guest

Ok so I recently bought a quest 2 and got the link cable to hook up to my pc, however, whenever I tried connecting by cable it would just keep the loading circle going endlessly (attached image) and wouldn't pick up on the cable despite it being plugged into a usb-c port on my pc. I briefly managed to get it to work once before, but I don't know what I did to make that happen and I've already tried dozens of different solutions to no avail. I've changed power settings to restarting countless times. I have tried air link and it works but it works terribly with tons of lagging and freezing.

LinkoPalinko_0-1639962799829.png

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Linko! This may be an overall system issue regarding compatibility and your PC. We suggest reinstalling the GPU drivers compatible with your build, and your Link drivers. Which can be accessed by clicking here. If you still can't enable Oculus Link after updating your software and drivers, you can try these troubleshooting tips:

• If you don't see Add Quest as the device on the PC software, log out of the PC software and log back in.

• If you don't see the Enable Link pop-up on the PC software, log out of the PC software and log back in.

• If you don't see the Enable Link option under Settings on Quest, completely power off the headset and restart it.

If you continue to encounter issues setting up Oculus Link, please contact Oculus Support directly. Hope this helped!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I've already exhausted these options to no avail and have looked around my PC to double check cables but nothing works even these suggestions you have provided which I tried before you commented them. I have tested the cable and it does work so the issue lies within either your program or my pc somewhere and I just can't find it.

I'm having the same problems, my post is here:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/General-Development/Unable-to-complete-device-setup-on-any-platform/m...

I tried the steps detailed above and they didn't help. Logging in/out, restarting, checking for updates. Reinstalled my link drivers as well.