cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link not Working and/or Controllers not Connecting

PeytonCrafty1
Explorer

Alright. So: I have been attempting to connect my Quest 2 to my computer. The app recognizes my device, which USB port it's plugged into, everything. I plug it into my computer, and inside the headset the prompt for file access shows up; I hit Deny. The prompt for Link shows up; I press enable. A quick loading screen, and I'm back at the Quest Home on my headset. On my PC, the app was open at the beginning, and now I see it has closed and is loading back in; it crashed. I tried connecting the headset to the PC and launching an app from there (specifically the tutorial app, it was most convenient), and all it did was tell me to connect controllers, which were connected to my headset and paired to the app with it; I could tell due to the app saying "Quest 2 and Touch" in the Devices tab. I really want to fix this. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, if you haven't already please open a support ticket with us here and include the video. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

stephen.lodwig
Honored Guest

hi, im having exactly the same problem, but with a quest 1 rather than 2, please post here if you find a fix!

Did you finally find a solution to this issue? I have the same problem since a couple of days.

pierre.dery.12
Honored Guest

Any solution yet? I have the same issue, or very similar.

PeytonCrafty1
Explorer

I just ended up having to use my brother's PC with a better graphics card (RX 580) and that seemed to work fine.

Not sure it worked because of the GPU: I have a RTX 2080 Super, it should be working and it did work some months ago. There is something else wrong and nobody seems to know what it is. Thank you very much for your answer though, it’s appreciated.

WarLM
Honored Guest

I'm having an issue with my controllers staying connected while using Link (the cable is the pricey authentic one).  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Oculus app on my PC, tried unpairing and pairing my controllers using the phone app, but the controllers still only stay connected for a few seconds, then the PC app says they are "off".  They are not off and work fine within the headset.  Any solutions yet???