cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading games directly from the Headset

EricHaGever
Honored Guest

So I recently bought the Quest 2

bought a couple of games on steam for it like pavlov, superhot and job simulator

is it possible to install the games directly on it so I wont need to use my pc all of the time?

I don't want to buy the games again from the oculus store

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Eric!

We see that you are asking about playing SteamVR games on your Oculus Quest 2, and if you could install them onto your Quest 2 so that you wouldn't need to be linked to PC to play them. 

Your Quest 2 would have to be tethered to a PC using the Oculus Link cable in order to access SteamVR games installed on your PC. Since Steam and Oculus don't share the same store, any games you purchase on one platform would need to be re-purchased to use on the other platform. If you need to purchase an Oculus Link cable, you can find them here on our website. If you have any other questions or need assistance with anything, please feel free to contact us back by sending us a Private Message or by submitting a support ticket to us here

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

The Steam store only sells PC games so you always need a PC to play them. Some games on the Oculus store come with CrossBuy, which means if you buy either the PC or Quest version of a game, you can claim the other version for free.

PC games cannot be loaded directly into the Quest.