cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magnetic USB C

Quietman2266
Honored Guest
Looking for a magnetic USB C cable form my Quest 2 can anyone recommend one from Amazon, IV bought 2 so far and the magnets are really weak
Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Looking for a magnetic USB C cable form my Quest 2 can anyone recommend one from Amazon, IV bought 2 so far and the magnets are really weak
Thanks in advance

There designed to "break" away before any damage is done.  So most of them are designed to sustain up to a less than a lb of force.  Your not going to find many options that offer a robust strength to it.  The best bet is just to fix the cable in stress relieved position.

Quietman2266
Honored Guest

PITTCANNA said:

Thanks in advance

There designed to "break" away before any damage is done.  So most of them are designed to sustain up to a less than a lb of force.  Your not going to find many options that offer a robust strength to it.  The best bet is just to fix the cable in stress relieved position.

It was dreadful, wouldn't even hold with no stress on it. Do you have one you could recommend?

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star
I think the point is that a magnetic cable won’t work, because you’re always going to get some tension on the cable, which will pull it out. Perhaps try something like what I do, I have a hair tie/rubber band around my headsets left...whatever the piece is that the steak is attached to, near the jacks, and I run the cable under that to make sure any tension pulls on the cable and not the jack.