cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone Level too Low

FlyboyBen
Honored Guest
Hi I just got my Quest2 and I've been having lots of fun with it. That is until I join apps like VRChat or AltSpace. I've gotten feedback that my microphone level is too low and when I speak all they could hear was mumble and it is quite annoying when I speak, I nobody can hear me and I can at most speak only on 1 on 1 and even then the other person had to lean in to hear me. I can't be screaming on top of my lungs in the middle of the night. I've tried looking for solutions online but came across virtually nothing much except for 1 or 2. Seems like it's very rare and I hate to think that I'm one of the few who happen to get a malfunction mic on my Quest2 headset =(

Nothing much on my settings about Microphone
I turned off the fan in the room
Altspace had microphone level turned up to 3 at Max

Can somebody please help? If it is indeed machine malfunction, I would bring it in for a repair or something since it's still under warranty otherwise if there is a setting that I've missed, I would really appreciate it if I could be enlightened on it. 

Other possible solution: I saw a youtuber use a Modmic? Will that help? 

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Ben
3 REPLIES 3

DominatorVIP
Adventurer
Hello,

That's unfortunate that you're having these issues! It is quite possibly you have a faulty microphone, though I feel like that's unlikely. Honestly, I've never heard of an issue like yours before. If you absolutely cannot find another way, I would try Hard Resetting your Oculus Quest 2 (keep in mind this will erase ALL your data if you choose to factory reset your quest, so only do this if you have no other choice!)

How to factory reset:

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.

2. Tap Settings in the bottom menu.

3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.

4. Tap More Settings.

5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.

2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.

3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.

4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Notes:

• Performing a factory reset is irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the headset.

• Performing a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your account

(Copy and pasted from Oculus themselves)

Hopefully this solves your problem! If not, I'd contact Oculus Support about it. You may have a broken/faulty mic, and if you have warranty I'd try claiming that and getting it looked at.

Regards,
DominatorVIP

FlyboyBen
Honored Guest
Hello Dominator!

Thanks for getting back to me! 

I read somewhere online where it says there might be a settings on the app on the computer so I tried to link my headset to my PC to set it up but it was a failure =( 

It says my headset cannot connect to the app on the PC and one of the solution is to perform a factory reset on my headset. It still doesn't connect me to the PC app so I gave up because I already have the app on my phone and apparently it is the same thing. 

1. I couldn't find any microphone settings on my phone Oculus app
2. I've tried going in to AltSpace and VRChat and my friends say my microphone level is still too low =( even after I've perform a factory settings on my headset.
3. I've contacted Oculus Support about it and submitted a ticket. The only thing is they are quite slow with their responses.

Thank you so much for the suggestion, Dominator! I would appreciate if you have any more ideas I could try 😃

Cheers,
Ben

I have the same issue, did you find the fix?