cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most comfortable Quest 2 face cover?

aguy10
Level 7
I've had experiences with both leather covers and silicone. I've found out the edges of the leather cover over time can start to dig into your face (it's never something you notice at the beginning of the play session). The silicon is much better in all respects including price from personal experience. As far as maximum comfort goes not having something that presses on your nose is also good for when you don't need light for the guardian system (turning the lights off in your room so there's no light leakage issue).

What do you guys recommend for the Quest 2?.
8 REPLIES 8

aguy10
Level 7
I'll bump this only once. Fell to the 4th page.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I won't be getting my Quest 2 for a few more weeks but when I do I'm going to order one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elygo-Sweatproof-Waterproof-Replacement-Accessories/dp/B08LZGD318/ref=sr_1_...

I bought the Rift S version last year and I've been VERY happy with it. B)

aguy10
Level 7
Thx bro. I just ordered the two pack grey and black. One will be sacrificial where I'll experiment cutting the nose flaps off to make it as comfortable as possible and in case I totally screw something up I'lI have the backup.

MrShirokun
Level 4
i have been told the leather ones or not only more comfortable they are easier to clean from sweat too

aguy10
Level 7
One of the reasons more specifically why I think the silicon cover is more comfortable might be because it not only has a bigger surface area touching your skin (which means less pressure) it's also softer from the material that's directly touching your skin to the foam or fabric stuff behind it. I'm telling you the edges of the leather type that I have used eventually start digging into your face!.

Edigs
Level 3
If I understand this correctly, silicon cover goes over original face cover? It doesn't actually replace original face plate?

KOBRI.SECTOR.BG
Level 4
Turns out the old silicone cover for Q1 is much more comfortable than the Q2 specific ones, even though they fit perfectly but make it feel very tight and impossible to use glasses

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edigs said:

If I understand this correctly, silicon cover goes over original face cover? It doesn't actually replace original face plate?

Yup, it just slips on top of the original one.