cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to this and I can not connect my Quest 2 to my PC thru Link

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quest 2. Using apple Usb-C to Usb-C, my PC says USB3 would improve performance, connectivity test thru PC app checks out fine.

I put goggles on, I get a message asking "Connected device will have access to this headset", I click DENY and puts me back on opening screen.

My first VR experience, I have 8 days left before I can return it back, and not looking good. I need help please

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! To connect via Link, we generally recommend that you use either the official Oculus Link cable, or the Anker USB-C to USB 3.0 cable and ensure that your PC is Link compatible. Otherwise, we really can't guarantee a full functionality or optimal performance. If you have verified that your PC is fully compatible and the issue persists, please click here to submit a ticket and include your Oculus Diagnostics Logs so that we can look further into this with you. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

DisFanJen
Honored Guest

I found that the Quest 2 can be a touch finnicky about what cable and what port you use.

I first tried in my USB3 hub and I got the USB3 would improve performance message, then when I plugged it direct into one of my USB3 ports on the PC it was better, but only with a short cable.  A standard USB3 - to C cable didn't work for a longer cable (actually I was using a USB3 to USB convertor then a USB-C to USB-C cable).

In the end I got a USB-C to USB-C cable rated for Oculus link (not the official one but it works just as well and has a "booster halfway along the cable).  It works fine but is a bit heavy.  But as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

I'd highly recommend getting Virtual Desktop on your Quest 2 as that will allow you to connect and run PCVR games Wirelessly (though you need a powerful PC to pull this off without a hitch).

Jokers1291
Explorer

Why are you clicking “Deny?” You have to give the computer access to the headset to stream video over the USB C otherwise they can’t connect to each other. 

Doh!  I totally missed the OP saying they pressed deny.

Ha, don’t feel too bad Oculus did the same then again I’m 100% positive they don’t read any questions and copy and paste their answers, hence my week of pain with my Quest 2. 

ZeniFoox
Protege

if you can for a desktop plug in to the motherboard via usb 3.0 (i use the anker 3.0 cable they reccomend) then boot up the oculus software on the pc and plug in the headset be sure to update graphics drivers for best performance