cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New users read this - Quest and Quest 2 misconceptions

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Quest is designed to be pcvr standalone unit.  MEANING NO PC IS REQUIRED TO ENJOY IT, IF YOU WANT A STANDARD PVCR UNIT.....BUY THAT INSTEAD

Link is more demanding on a computer then a standard pcvr headset.  DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE STEAM VR COMPATABILITY APP AND CRY THAT YOUR LOW END RIG CAN NOT HANDLE THE QUEST AND WHAT ARE WORK AROUNDS.
https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/?locale=en_US <------------READ THIS LINK BEFORE POSTING

Quest and Rift games are different shops do not assume crossbuy, check the crossbuy list.  This is not so much oculus as the independent developer.

Think of a headset as one console, most developers do.  SO DON'T CRY ABOUT MULIPLAYER WHEN MOST GAMES REQUIRE 2 DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS AND 2 PURCHASES OF A GAME TO PLAY AGAINST YOUR KID, SIBING, OR OTHER.

DON'T SLAM THE SUPPORT, AND SAY THEY ARE UNHELPFUL, THERE IS PROBALLY A SMALL DEPARTMENT OF THEM.

6 REPLIES 6

michael_skuczas
Honored Guest
Where can I get the PC app? On the site all I see is reference to the mobile app which I believe I can not use since I only have a "feature" phone. 

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Where can I get the PC app? On the site all I see is reference to the mobile app which I believe I can not use since I only have a "feature" phone. 

https://www.oculus.com/download_app/?id=1582076955407037

Richooal
Consultant

PITTCANNA said:

Quest is designed to be pcvr standalone unit.

Oculus have stopped calling them "standalone", now they are referred to as "ALL-IN-ONE VR" units. That's because they want everyone to buy the unit plus Link and 2 versions of the apps.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

You will need the mobile app to set up your Quest. The PC app won’t do that for you. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Nekto2
Superstar

You could ask someone for a smartphone to set it up and then delete oculus app on a smartphone.
But you should be careful there is no fb app on it so your device will not be connected to his fb account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PITTCANNA said:

DON'T SLAM THE SUPPORT, AND SAY THEY ARE UNHELPFUL, THERE IS PROBALLY A SMALL DEPARTMENT OF THEM.

Yes and he is very busy.
Joking of course.
🙂