cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No games in library and no internet, but wifi is there and working

Jamsandwich999
Honored Guest
Hi, i bought my son the quest for Xmas all was fine until he switched it on this morning, no access to his library or the store, wifi says it is connected (and is working through the house) but no content and when he goes to the browser it says no internet. Also we can't reboot the thing as when asked to choose via the vol buttons he cant choose reboot and it just shuts down.

Any help is greatly appreciated
many thanks 😉
15 REPLIES 15

Eurobuff
Explorer

ezop73 said:

Umpa_PC said:

Would moving closer to the router disprove or prove this ?.  You know there seems to be some really funny problems that I don't have.  I wonder if there are different hardware versions of quest and touch ?

Im interested to know as well, i've seen too many of these posts but no one ever comes back and says yes or no, this or that worked, they just slide off into the distance... I've honestly never had the problem and i take mine everywhere i go when i'm working away from home and works as it should.... my honest guess is, 99.5% of the time its peoples router/network what gives them issues.

I am about 10 feet from the router and am having the problem with the WiFi, but mine is problems with certain things only??? 

ezop73
Rising Star

Eurobuff said:

ezop73 said:

Umpa_PC said:

Would moving closer to the router disprove or prove this ?.  You know there seems to be some really funny problems that I don't have.  I wonder if there are different hardware versions of quest and touch ?

Im interested to know as well, i've seen too many of these posts but no one ever comes back and says yes or no, this or that worked, they just slide off into the distance... I've honestly never had the problem and i take mine everywhere i go when i'm working away from home and works as it should.... my honest guess is, 99.5% of the time its peoples router/network what gives them issues.

I am about 10 feet from the router and am having the problem with the WiFi, but mine is problems with certain things only??? 

your problem is like you said different,it works but it's intermittent that to me sounds like you might have interference, does your router broadcast separate 2.4ghz & 5 ghz SSID's 

if yes, goto quest wifi settings and forget both networks and the log on to 5ghz ONLY.
in no, that is a know issue, your router will switch between 2.4 & 5 ghz which will make the quest have internet 1 minute and not the next.
using your android phone, goto the play store and download an app called "wifi analyzer" check the wireless channel your router is set to and find a channel with less noise/traffic.
move the router as far a way from and other electrical items (tv, speakers, etc) even plug sockets.

Eurobuff
Explorer

ezop73 said:

Eurobuff said:

ezop73 said:

Umpa_PC said:

your problem is like you said different,it works but it's intermittent that to me sounds like you might have interference, does your router broadcast separate 2.4ghz & 5 ghz SSID's 

if yes, goto quest wifi settings and forget both networks and the log on to 5ghz ONLY.
in no, that is a know issue, your router will switch between 2.4 & 5 ghz which will make the quest have internet 1 minute and not the next.
using your android phone, goto the play store and download an app called "wifi analyzer" check the wireless channel your router is set to and find a channel with less noise/traffic.
move the router as far a way from and other electrical items (tv, speakers, etc) even plug sockets.

My router is not near speakers or cordless phones etc. I have already split the two WiFi’s 2.4 & 5ghz, with different SSIDs. My quest has never been connected to the 2.4ghz connection, and the password has never been entered for it so it can only connect to the 5ghz connection. It has been set up like this since November, but it’s only now that I have the issue. Unfortunately I don’t have an android phone, only an iPhone so I can’t check the channels. 

ezop73
Rising Star

Eurobuff said:

ezop73 said:

Eurobuff said:

ezop73 said:

Umpa_PC said:

My router is not near speakers or cordless phones etc. I have already split the two WiFi’s 2.4 & 5ghz, with different SSIDs. My quest has never been connected to the 2.4ghz connection, and the password has never been entered for it so it can only connect to the 5ghz connection. It has been set up like this since November, but it’s only now that I have the issue. Unfortunately I don’t have an android phone, only an iPhone so I can’t check the channels. 

ok, sounds like yours may well be a software issue with the quest, if it only just started with lets say due to a new firmware update, I'd say power cycle the quest (shutdown til off the press then button to start again) but i'd imagine you've already tried that, unfortunately a factory reset could 50/50 fix the issue (backup with sidequest 1st). I've had a quick scan for iphone wifi analyzer software and found 2 that might be worth a download "Network Analyzer lite" & "wifi sweetspot".

Eurobuff
Explorer

ezop73 said:

Eurobuff said:

ezop73 said:

Eurobuff said:

ezop73 said:

Umpa_PC said:

ok, sounds like yours may well be a software issue with the quest, if it only just started with lets say due to a new firmware update, I'd say power cycle the quest (shutdown til off the press then button to start again) but i'd imagine you've already tried that, unfortunately a factory reset could 50/50 fix the issue (backup with sidequest 1st). I've had a quick scan for iphone wifi analyzer software and found 2 that might be worth a download "Network Analyzer lite" & "wifi sweetspot".

Just thought I’d post an update. After restarting the quest twice more and after forgetting the network a further twice (so three times in total). The quest seems to be ok now. I don’t know if there was an issue with the quest or if there was an issue with the store though, as I received a credit for €4 from oculus, it was genuine as it came up as a notification on the oculus app and in an email. What is strange is that my account is in £s so don’t understand why I’ve been given a credit in Euros. I did try to use it but it said that I was in the wrong store!

uspolaris
Explorer

I had a very similar problem.  This is what worked for me:

This turned out to be easy to fix.

I had my cell phone (with the Oculus app) set to cell data, rather than wifi (Comcast does a cap on data on home wifi).

Here is how I fixed this problem:

1  Turned phone back to WiFi (same wifi as oculus)

2.  Oculus powered on

3.  Oculus app on phone 'finds' oculus

4.  Library, store, etc works great now...:)

I hope this helps anyone else that had the same problem...:)

Happy gaming! 🙂