cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not showing developer mode

SlaYeRx_x
Level 2

In oculus quest updated app v107.0.0.1.113 there is no option of settings where i can enable developer mode kindly help me enable developer mode

7 REPLIES 7

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

Just do a little google research on how to open a Developer option.  There are also lots of YouTube vids that explain this as well. 

Basically you need to login to the Oculus website and search for developer.  Then open a dev account with any made-up company name.  I believe you now also need to supply a CC so if you do not have one, you are kinda out of luck.  Then you need to use your phone app with your Q2 connected to it and go to the settings and enable Dev mode.  After you restart your Q2 you should see a settings all/developer tab.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Actually i am using my account with app sharing and the primary account can only access to device using mobile and can enable developer mode but with secondary account(my account) can't access to device and cannot enable developer mode, if i have to access other features like sidequest then i have to use primary account which is not possible for me.

No "tutorials" I found explained as well as your half snobby reply..."just google it"

@ThatDudeTheres  If you had at least done a little searching on this forum you would have found a recent post that I gave a YT link to (which I found by googling) and was accepted as a solution;

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/Missing-developer-mode/m-p/887290#M118040

The YT link is;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iSncojIFZQ

Hope this helps.  Cheers.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

ninjarama
Level 2

You need to verify your developer account using your CREDIT/DEBIT card -- this is the only way to get DEVELOPER MODE to show up on your Oculus app.  Apparently using only phone number verification doesn't do the trick.

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

@SlaYeRx_x  I have had a developer account for about 2 years (days past when we needed to sideload Virtual Desktop for Q1 wireless and to sideload sidequest apps.  I have never verified it and I also see that this option does not appear on my iPhone anymore. 

The Developer panel in my Q2 settings is still there and I can still turn Guardian on/off, which I hardly ever do tbh.  So, since we now have app-labs I doubt I'll ever need developer mode anyway.  As a non-developer it did seem like a pretty silly thing to have to setup a developer account initially.

Insector_X
Level 2

he asked about enabling developer mode in his secondary account if you actually read what he said.  He also said that he was able to set up developer mode in the primary account but not the secondary.  I'm in the same situation.  Family App sharing causes this situation, and would suck if family app sharing made sidequest and other developer features unavailable to that headset.