cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App hangs with error: Can't reach Oculus service

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately I can't use the my brand new Quest 2  with the Oculus App on my Windows 10 PC. The PC is completely up-to-date and has the latest NVIDIA drivers.

After installation of the Oculus App it seems to check the App status and then stops with the message "Can't reach Oculus service".
  • I searched the net for possible solutions but none of them worked for me.
  • I repaired the App several times without success.
  • I re-installed the software after cleaning and removing all the Oculus folders without results.
  • I re-installed the app with Windows Defender protection of. No difference.
I have a very fast Internet connection that works flawlessly with other software e.g. with Microsoft flight simulator 2020. My PC runs on  Intel Core i7 5Ghz, 32GB memory, Asus 2080 super graphics card and 2TB SSD.

Any suggestion would be welcome.

Hans
3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there, are you using a VPN or proxy service at all? If so, please disable it as these can interfere with the connection between your PC and our servers. Should the problem persist past this, please collect your Oculus Diagnostics Logs and submit them to us by clicking here. Thank you!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oculussupport said:

Hey there, are you using a VPN or proxy service at all?

No, I don't use either VPN or proxy. Ticket has been submitted.

Updod
Honored Guest
The only way I even got the oculus application to work is by using a vpn. I could not install the application or the games without one.