cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Cable Thread

Tummie555
Expert Protege
Please post a link to any currently available AND confirmed working USB-cable. Preferably a shop-link. 

Oculus Link Headset Cable Specs
Length

5-Meter Headset Cable

Outer Diameter

4.6mm

Type

Full featured USB active optical cable. USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C

Connectors

Headset: Right Angle USB Type-C
PC: Straight Type-C

Cable Exterior

TPU 0.5mm thickness, optimized for low friction, durability and flexibility

Shielding

High quality spiral shielding doubling as grounding

Cable Bend Radius

20mm

Signal Requirements

USB 3.2 Gen 1 Signaling 5 Gbps USB 2
Backwards Compatible

Infrared Signal Loss Tolerances

<500mV VBUS @ 3000mA; <250mV GND @ 3000mA

Power Supply

3A

Bandwidth

5 Gbps

Electrical Identification

eMarker

Additional Features

Support for SuperSpeed USB ports

435 REPLIES 435

Calmfixup
Heroic Explorer

Got everything working just fine 2 weeks ago. Now i bought ALYX .... and.. as you may guess why im here, IT stopped recognizing USB 3.0 connection... I mean, oculus app sees the device but doesnt want to extablish connection. Again.. two weeks, no changes to nothing whatsoever..

My quest unit cant find any updates... maybe i have to update oculus software on my PC? But i have no idea, how to do it... ((( 

Did you get yours working again? I'm in the same boat - also no changes whatsoever, except Alyx...I really hope that's just a coincidence because it's so popular at the moment

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

Calmfixup said:

Got everything working just fine 2 weeks ago. Now i bought ALYX .... and.. as you may guess why im here, IT stopped recognizing USB 3.0 connection... I mean, oculus app sees the device but doesnt want to extablish connection. Again.. two weeks, no changes to nothing whatsoever..

My quest unit cant find any updates... maybe i have to update oculus software on my PC? But i have no idea, how to do it... ((( 

Did you get yours working again? I'm in the same boat - also no changes whatsoever, except Alyx...I really hope that's just a coincidence because it's so popular at the moment

Have you tried the steamVR beta.  On occasion I get a steamVR issue where the game starts and it complains it can't find the headset this is only with Aylx I see the game on the screen but the Quest stays showing the O arch - is that what your getting ?
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

clenfant
Explorer
Hi, 

Guys, is one of you know where is located the "Link" button to restart the link mode into the new V15 Oculus Quest interface ?

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

clenfant said:

Hi, 

Guys, is one of you know where is located the "Link" button to restart the link mode into the new V15 Oculus Quest interface ?

If you go to settings device, and scroll down to the bottom it will always be there. It can sometimes be located on the quick actions section, but not always I have noticed.  It also asks you when you plug the headset in (when its switched on first)  \i hope that helps.
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17

Calmfixup
Heroic Explorer

Umpa_PC said:

Calmfixup said:

Have you tried the steamVR beta.  On occasion I get a steamVR issue where the game starts and it complains it can't find the headset this is only with Aylx I see the game on the screen but the Quest stays showing the O arch - is that what your getting ?

So I got it working perfectly again with my Joto cable I linked in the other thread, I just cannot use any usb extension cables. Even my old active extension cable would hiccup every 5 minutes or so. It's lame because they all used to work just fine, and now I can't wander about like an idiot in VR because I'm so tightly tethered! >.<

tommytusj
Honored Guest
I have the official Link cable and it workd fine when I got it in february. Probably with the update 13 software. Fast forward to now and update 14/15 I cannot get Link to to work on my PC. Whenever I enable Link the Oculus app gives a notification that there was an error. The Quest shows up as connected and green in the Oculus App. The test cable option even says everything is good.

Anyone had this problem and how did you solve it?

I have windows 10 1909, updated graphics/usb drivers, updated bios. I tried all my usb 3 ports and even have a usb c pcie card. I even have tried different usb cables that also workd in february

pxdene93rhw5.png

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I had that a couple of times, I reboot the quest and its fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey yall, Im new round here. I dont know if this is on topic exactly, but has anyone had, or have, recommendations for a magnetic adapter for the cable?

NeutralGuy93
Explorer
I just got an oculus Quest, but im still confused, will i be able to play the SAME games that a Rift S can play if i connect my Oculust quest using Oculus link? My pc fills the requeriments, except that all my USB are A type, so i got a 3.0 USB C to A adapter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got an oculus Quest, but im still confused, will i be able to play the SAME games that a Rift S can play if i connect my Oculust quest using Oculus link? My pc fills the requeriments, except that all my USB are A type, so i got a 3.0 USB C to A adapter.

Yes. Once connected Link is using your PC rather than the Quest processor.
Link can be finicky in regards to which USB 3 ports you use. It is power hungry so best to use a hub that is not sharing with other devices if you can. It can also be finicky on which cable is used.