cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 - AirLink PC Pairing issue

u8mypizza27
Honored Guest

Hello!  I just purchased the Quest 2 and have not been able to connect via Airlink to my gaming PC.

OS Version: Windows 10 21H2 (OS Build: 19044.1415)

GPU Driver: 496.49

Headset Software Version: V35

PC App Version: V35

Router/Modem: NetGear Nighthawk CAX80 

Issue:

When attempting to connect to AirLink from headset > Headset is able to see the PC name > I select the PC and choose "pair" > After about 10 seconds or so the PC name disappears, and headset goes into to search mode > Headset does not find the PC or connect. 

Troubleshooting:

-Turned off AirLink on both PC and Headset

-Restarted PC

-Restarted Headset

-Turned on AirLink on PC App

-Turned on Airlink on Headset

-Attempted to pair > same issue: "After about 10 seconds or so the PC name disappears, and headset goes into to search mode > Headset does not find the PC."

-Using LAN on PC so it's directly connected to my modem/router.

-Also tried Wi-Fi - same issue

-Switched network to private

-Enabled TCP port 5669 in Windows 10

-Reinstalled the Oculus Software on PC

-Factory Reset Headset - no change

As you can see from the troubleshooting, I'm really trying here lol.  Any help or advice would be excellent!

2 REPLIES 2

Jamisia
Honored Guest

I have the exact same problem and did the same troubleshooting steps. If anyone has a solution for this please let me know. Thanks

sford52
Heroic Explorer

Did you:
- Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
- Select Settings in the top right corner.
- Select Experimental.

and
A pairing code will show in VR. Remove your headset and confirm that the code you see on your computer matches the one you see in your headset.
If you don't see a pairing code, make sure that both your headset software and desktop app are on v34 or later.

This is taken from https://support.oculus.com/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/connect-with-air-link

also

Create and use a dedicated 5Ghz Wi-Fi network for you headset
2.4GHz network or a “mixed” 2.4/5Ghz network is no good for Air Link

21 Steps to Fix Oculus Air Link Issues (Crashes / Disconnects)
https://smartglasseshub.com/oculus-air-link-not-working/

ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home