cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 & Steam VR performance issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just bought Quest 2 and wanted to play some vr games I have on steam (Radeon RX 5300M & Vega 10)
But any game on steam vr is very laggy, image cropping and 100-200 ms / 13.9 ms. I have Oculus Link cable, but with Oculus Air Link same thing.
Googled it and most topics about very same problem says that Virtual Desktop in oculus store should solve the problem. It costs $20 and I wonder if any one of you had same problem and solve it with this method.

I'm just not sure about spending $20 on app if it doesn't proven helping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

NVM, I just used ALVR and everything runs PERFECTLY, smooth image and high fps even in HL:A
Its 2-10 mins harder to configure, but its cheap (free opensource lol) and some people say it even runs better.

You can find ALVR on github

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Those mobile GPUs aren't going to give you much to work with when it comes to VR. The only thing I can recommend for an increase besides going negative on the super sampling is reducing the FOV tangent in debug tool. Use .72 for the horizontal and .75 for the vertical. You could go lower but you'll see the edges of the viewport when using the HMD. The FOV hack will get you 20-25% increase in headroom.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kinda strange since every test said "Vr ready" and those GPUs are not so weak

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also Steam Vr Home working very well, so this problem happens only in games, even if they have less things to render and work with than in steamvr home

Anonymous
Not applicable

Virtual Desktop is often in the discount deals but to be honest its so much more than just a wireless option and worth every penny either way IMHO 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

NVM, I just used ALVR and everything runs PERFECTLY, smooth image and high fps even in HL:A
Its 2-10 mins harder to configure, but its cheap (free opensource lol) and some people say it even runs better.

You can find ALVR on github

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, now when I solve problem I can just buy VD in steam, since its cheaper there (because of regional prices, in russia its about $5)

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Steam version is for PC 

I think you will need the Quest version for the Quest from the Store.