cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 no brightness

cibernaio
Protege
Hi everyone, 
i have owned the Go oculus for 2 years, and I wanted to upgrade to Quest 2. Generally with the Go I often watched videos on YT, put the brightness to minimum and enjoyed the show without ruining my eyes. Gorgeous screen.
With the Quest I was shocked, the option for brightness is missing, the light is very strong, sooner or later my eyes will bleed! Why this decision? It is against all logic. I am trying in every way but I feel that I am ruining my eyes(and the battery..), I think I will return it.
Does anyone share my thoughts?

Note: I know, you can set it via Adb if you want, however this value is reset to 100 almost immediately.

Thanks all
4 REPLIES 4

relaxculus
Expert Protege
+1

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Seems ok for most of us, including me.  Maybe wear sunglasses, lol!  Still, I agree it would be a nice option.  Some games have in-game brightness/gamma options, but not too many do.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

coffee_1797
Honored Guest
You can still get the option via installing SideQuest and installing Android Setup (or something titled like that).  Note, that on playing with it, it "feels" like there are only two options on the Q2; 100% or non-100%.  I can't for instance tell any difference between 75% and 25%.  I definitely notice a difference from 90% to 100%.

Edited to add that I haven't paid attention to if it also quickly resets to 100% if being changed by side-loaded apps.  I'll try to pay attention and re-load settings a few times between games.

cibernaio
Protege
Yes, i can install external app and change brightness but generally it will be overwritten to 100% when you open an app.
And as you described, even changing the value, the range is blocked between approximately 100% and 50%, less does not allow to go down, and yes i have tried to use a sunglasses.
it is really a contradiction to create an object with such broad views and then castrate it.