cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Update

Dirsch
Honored Guest
Sorry, its only Google translate:

I bought an Oculus Quest and of course set it up straight away. I got to the following message: "Updating your headset, you will be notified on your phone when your headset is ready. Download ...". As far as everything is clear, but this has been the case for many hours and I am no longer sure whether anything is still being charged. You can neither see the loading progress, nor do the dots behind Download move or it can be recognized in any other way that the download is still in progress. Restarting the headset didn't help either, once after a restart only the controller was updated, so you could see the progress of 1-100%.

My questions now: How long should the first update take after unpacking and is the above text normal or that no progress can be seen? And secondly: As soon as you take the device off your head and place it on the table, it goes into sleep mode. Will the update continue to be loaded during sleep mode and do you have to keep the device on your head during this time so that it does not go out?

PS: The WLAN is OK, I checked the settings in the router and the PC and mobile phone in the same network do not cause any problems. The controllers also work or can be seen through the headset and the white dot as a mouse replacement also works.

And in German:
Habe mir eine Oculus Quest gekauft und natürlich auch sofort eingerichtet. Ich bin bis zu folgender Meldung gekommen: "Updating your Headset , you will be notified on your Phone when your Headset is Ready. Download... ". Soweit ja alles klar, allerdings steht dies jetzt seit vielen Stunden so und ich bin mir garnicht mehr sicher ob da überhaupt noch was geladen wird. Es ist weder ein Ladefortschritt zusehen noch bewegen sich die Punkte hinter Download oder es ist anderweitig zu erkennen das noch geladen wird. Auch Neustarts des Headsets halfen nichts, einmal wurden nach einem Neustart nur die Controller geupdatet, da konnte man sehr schön den Fortschritt von 1-100% sehen.

Meine Fragen jetzt erstmal: Wie lange sollte das erste Update nach dem Auspacken dauern und ist oben genannter Text normal bzw. das kein Fortschritt zu erkennen ist ? Und zweitens: Sobald man das Gerät vom Kopf nimmt und auf den Tisch legt, geht es ja in den Ruhemodus. Wird wärend des Ruhemodus trotzdem weiter am Update geladen und muß man wärend der Zeit das Gerät am Kopf haben damit es nicht ausgeht ?

PS: Das WLAN ist in Ordnung, Einstellungen im Router habe ich überprüft und PC und Handy im gleichen Netzwerk machen keine Probleme. Auch die Controller funktionieren bzw. sind durchs Headset zu sehen und der weiße Punkt als Mausersatz funktioniert ebenfalls.
3 REPLIES 3

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
I don't remember it taking very long, but then again I was doing other things while waiting. I believe the update can continue in sleep mode. Heck, downloads in general can continue in Sleep Mode. Thus you don't need to be wearing the HMD for the entire time it's downloading and installing an update.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Dirsch
Honored Guest
thanks for the answer. now after 6 hours the update is finished and everything works. so my problem is solved  🙂

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
Huh, that seems a bit long. Then again, I got sucked into The Sims 3 while updating, so it could have been six hours.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.