cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Software requires Quest update for link to work ... but there is no update :-(

ANB_Seth
Honored Guest
Hi there, I just got an update for the Oculus Software (v.12), but now the Oculus Quest Link does not work anymore. It says I have to update the Quest Headset aswell ... but there IS NO UPDATE available! How can I resolve this issue? Is there any way to revert the software update? I really want to get my "Oculus Link" back working again, I just got Boneworks installed and waited all day to play! XD
29 REPLIES 29

II3urNz
Explorer
  • Known issues:
    • In order to use Oculus Link, your PC software and Quest software must have matching version numbers. During this rollout, you may receive the v12 update on your Quest before you receive the PC v12 update, or vice versa. If you receive the PC v12 update before the Quest v12 update, you will need to wait until you receive the Quest v12 update before Oculus Link will work again. However, if you receive the Quest update first and are anxious to use Oculus Link again, you are welcome to opt into the PTC on PC to get to v12 more quickly. Please note that when v13 PTC rolls out, you will need to opt back out of the PTC and to stay on v12 and retain compatibility. The team is working hard to improve this experience so that this will not be an issue during future rollouts. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding!

Anonymous
Not applicable
opt into the PTC on PC to get to v12 more quickly did it for me.
I always wanted to do this in VR 😉
(sorry if it does offense someone)
but this is cool!

l4quwduj77dn.jpg

ANB_Seth
Honored Guest
thanks for the answers so far.

@BearCat436 does the PTC setting (on PC) also enhance my chances to get the update on the quest quicker? I thought that just works for the PC-Software.

@II3urNz how long will it take till the update will arrive on my quest? (i live in southern germany). Are we talking days, weeks or months? Just so I know what I have to prepare for in terms of "getting my hopes up or not"

nalex66
MVP
MVP
The Quest v12 update is rolling out this week, so you should hopefully have it by the end of the week. You can check if it is available to you yet by looking in Settings/See All/About/Check For Updates.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Asthenique
Honored Guest
Hi,
I really enjoy everything you all done with the Quest, Link, Hand-tracking and everything, but honestly I have to say that I'm very disappointed that I can't use link while waiting for my Quest to update....
I don't know if the team have to do it this way or if they chose to do it that way but if that's the case I don't understand.
I just got my own and I'm very exited about it these days and I was finally able to play these fabulous games such as Stormland or Asgard's Wrath without being sick (tonight it was planned Blade & Sorcery...~crying~)
I come back from work and .... that.
Honestly, if you could just let us use the previous version on the PC so that we can use it as usual, it would be nice 🙂
Just please don't take back from us what you just gave us...
Anyway, I'm all with you and I'll try to be patient 😄

jinxs2011
Honored Guest
@ANB_Seth PTO makes you get pc oculus updates earlier. Both PC and quest need to be on the same version for it to work. Usually, that means keeping PTO disabled, as there's no equivalent for the quest. However, as it seems that the recent update has been rolled out to the quest before the PC in some cases, PTO could help the PC catch up temporarily. I would check your quest's version in the about page of the settings, and also on pc, to check the version numbers. If quest is v12 and pc is v12, you should be good to go.
if your quest is v12 and pc is v11, use PTO.
If your quest is v11 and pc is v12 and you aren't using PTO (which you may be able to turn off to get an earlier version of the pc software), I think you pretty much have to play the waiting game.

jinxs2011
Honored Guest
unfortunately for me, using PTO actually makes my PC oculus version higher than my quest version, even though they're both v12, and it still doesn't work. So I'm just sitting here waiting for the update to come through.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Yeah, it's crazy.
They release Link, then quickly break it by forced out of sync updates.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

enigma01
Trustee

jinxs2011 said:

unfortunately for me, using PTO actually makes my PC oculus version higher than my quest version, even though they're both v12, and it still doesn't work. So I'm just sitting here waiting for the update to come through.

Oh crap, I hope that hasn’t happened to me! I just got 12 update finally on my Quest this morning so enabled PC PTC. I haven’t tried Link again since update, but it could now be out of sync??