cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Software showing "Oculus encountered an error..."

Majkel19
Honored Guest
Hey guys, so I've been stuck with the red ribbon saying "Oculus has encountered an error. Please restart your PC or contact support". Since many people seem to have this issue, I've been looking through the logs etc. and came to few things:
  1. The oculus software for some reason cannot locate the DXGI2 preview package. It says all the graphic cards are capable of it, but can't find the package. 
    "display_diags_status": "Failed",
    "display_diags_status_value": -3019,
    "display_diags_active_display_system": "None",
    "display_diags_dxgi2_preview_capable": 1,
    "display_diags_dxgi2_preview_available": 0,
    "display_diags_dxgi2_preview_code": -3019,
    "display_diags_dxgi2_preview_details": "Failed during detection of DXGI 2 Preview",
    "display_diags_direct_display_capable": 1,
    "display_diags_direct_display_available": 0,
    "display_diags_direct_display_code": -3014,
  2. The Windows Event Viewer shows an error with ID 10016 saying:
    The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with 
    CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}
    and APPID 
    {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}
    to the user MSI-GE72\Majkel SID (S-1-5-21-2195327463-1765147593-3671702907-1001)
    from address LocalHost (Using LRPC)
    running in the application container Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    SID (S-1-15-2-155514346-2573954481-755741238-1654018636-1233331829-3075935687-2861478708).
    This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
    The CLSID and APPID both are from a component named "ImmersiveShell.exe". Which seems to be easily repaired by few tweaks in Register and component services, but none of the tips by microsoft helped me and the warning persists.
  3.  It happens only on laptops with no direct video output from the gpu as I suppose? Which is odd, since Oculus Link doesn't use a graphic port and shouldn't be an issue. 
Has anyone by chance got this issue resolved? I wonder if  this can be resolved by some changes in the oculus software?
6 REPLIES 6

LeonLincc
Explorer
Mark
 i have the same problem!

thornfoot
Explorer
I also have this problem.
I am using an official Oculus link cable on a Razer13 laptop that has a GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q video card which is listed as supported, and a CPU that boosts to 4.6Ghz, but has a base speed of 1.8Ghz. I wonder if it has to do with Oculus determining the PC is not up to their VR specs by either a system speed test or an internal list. They have done that in the past, when clearly it should be a user option to continue with what Oculus may consider subpar performance.
I am able to get the link cable to setup with the Quest, but then when it comes to activating it from the headset it wont start.
The Red banner gives no useful information, Oculus. Please expose a bit more error information and maybe give the community the chance to fix or create a workaround. 

kankoco1_01
Honored Guest
same here

kankoco1_01
Honored Guest
I can use SteamVr on my downgrade laptop (Intel(R)UHD Graphics 620)?ikr. but oculus is the only software with this problem. i can also use mixed reality.

ThatBox420
Honored Guest
I'm also having this problem

HerbalExtract
Honored Guest

has there been a fix for this yet? I have a razer blade 17 laptop . When I connect the quest 2 via link cable initially it's detected and will remain that way until i attempt to put the headset on. I get a prompt to allow access to storage in the vr headset. It doesnt matter if I click Allow or Deny, the headset immediately disconnects