cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus link doesnt work anymore

LucaJack4
Explorer
When I got my cord it worked for a few months but then it would just connect and then randomly disconnect, when it disconnects I can still see the game on my monitor and the tracking works, I can move my head and hands but I don't see it on the headset. At first, I just used a different USB port and it worked again for a few weeks but I have now run out of USB ports. I know its not the cord because I've used 2 with it happening and other people with different cord have had it happen
7 REPLIES 7

P3arTV
Explorer
What PC do you have? Like what GPU, CPU, ram etc. Do you have an SSD, hdd?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi @LucaJack if you haven't already, please reach out to support here, and we will be happy to assist you. - Clint
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

LucaJack4
Explorer

P3arTV said:

What PC do you have? Like what GPU, CPU, ram etc. Do you have an SSD, hdd?

GeForce GTX 1660ti, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb of RAM, I have a 1 tb and 4tb storage thing, i don't know the specifics,

Twodogsprime
Protege

LucaJack4 said:

But I have now run out of USB ports.

Perhaps buying a USB Card for you motherboard might do the trick .

LucaJack4
Explorer

LucaJack4 said:

But I have now run out of USB ports.

Perhaps buying a USB Card for you motherboard might do the trick .

sure ill look into it

LucaJack4
Explorer
I think I'm just gonna get a rift s for Christmas unless something happens

They have a problem with laptops and some PCs using 10xx cards

We're aware of an issue where Oculus Link fails to connect compatible laptop models to Quest.

From your headset, you may briefly see a black screen before being returned to your Quest home. On your computer, within the Devices tab, you may consistently see an orange "General device problem" error.

When entering this state for the first time, sometimes you will also see a notification on your PC: "Hardware Notification: Something went wrong and Oculus Link stopped working".

We've isolated this issue to laptops that use NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10xx series notebook GPUs and are actively working with our partners to get a fix in place. Until a more permanent fix is ready, restarting your PC can often fix the issue temporarily.