cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest 1 lagging and stuttering even with offline play in stand alone mode

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently noticed that when I play any game on the head set in stand alone mode the audio will start glitching and the FPS will substantially drop every minute or so. It doesn’t seem to matter if it is an online game or not and the problem goes away when it is in oculus link mode. When it is link mode the audio glitches and I have to plug in headphones. This started recently and it almost makes the headset unusable in stand alone mode. I am unaware of any major accidents that could have caused it so any solutions to the problem would really  help me.

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are not alone, this is not an hardware issue on our part. Oculus needs to fix this asap.

rocknrolz
Protege

I have the same issue. It is very easy to tell just by listening to the choppy, stuttering audio. You don't even have to be in a game, it is very apparent even in the link home environment. 

Quest 1 is unplayable via link all of the sudden. Quest 2 is playable, but the issue is still there. I've been using link for a year and have loved it so much. I've had no hardware changes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are correct about the issue being there on oculus dashboard.