cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus warranty? Really not a warranty!

tn1215
Explorer

But my wife and oculus quest two end of December last year. It had a Wi-Fi problem from the start. We put up with it for a while and finally decided we needed to get it fixed. I went through the trouble of submitting it for warranty. 36 emails just to get it sent in for warranty. Now they are not sending it back. Told me they were replacing it and that was almost 3 months ago. They will not respond to me anymore no emails absolutely no phone calls or any other kind of response. They have my $400 oculus quest and are not sending it back. What horrible company has a warranty this terrible?? I even recommended this to other people and I wish I had not. My recommendation is do not buy the oculus. If you have problemsYou’ll never get them fixed. If you really want one and you better get an extended warranty because oculus does not stand behind their product.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have realised that I have insulted more times in this post than I have done so far this year, I apologise.

But anyway, what I was getting at, for the moment I'm going to wait about two weeks (since I sent the HMD), and if I see that he doesn't come back, I'll ask, I hope I don't have to resort to this alternative...

Thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Maybe just another on-post-wonder, and/or maybe a troll?  Person says this has been a problem for over 8 months but just joined this forum less than an hour ago, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

hlvnhlv
Protege

I saw this a few days ago, and the past tuesday I send my HMD because the left controller has a stupid amount of drift, let's see how long it takes.

The part that scares me the most, is that aparently they DON'T send back the original box, and if I have any issue, maybe I cannot send it back to Amazon even when I am under warranty.

The first and last Oculus headset that I will buy, they don't care about us, I, with the launch of the v25 couldn't use link, for three **bleep**ing months.

Three **bleep**ing months.

With the v27 they introduced a ton of performance issues, then with the v29 or so they broke Airlink for many people.

Oculus is a bad **bleep**ing joke.

Can I suggest going onto Twitter. Posting a complaint on Twitter. That is how I got my solution or I got a solution to my problem. I posted something on Twitter and within 24 hours I had a customer service agent who seemed truly concerned and within 48 hours my heads it was on its way to me. It wasn’t without hiccups but it is being taken care of and I’m getting my headset finally. Good luck. Tom

I have realised that I have insulted more times in this post than I have done so far this year, I apologise.

But anyway, what I was getting at, for the moment I'm going to wait about two weeks (since I sent the HMD), and if I see that he doesn't come back, I'll ask, I hope I don't have to resort to this alternative...

Thanks anyway.

Hey tn1215. We're sorry that your previous experience with us has been sour, and we'd love the opportunity to turn this around. Please submit a new support ticket (through email or chat) by visiting us here and providing us your previous ticket number and referencing this community post so we can check the status of that!

You are also more than welcome to send us a private message through here!

Please click here (https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport) or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us.

Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I tried responding to two different venues both direct and through Support and I got no response. I received my handsets in the mail today so now we can use them but my replacement headset did not come with the correct storage box, the charging unit orThe eyeglass spacer. All of which I’m going to have to purchase so I’m hoping you will take care of that and get me those things