cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phil Moore

philMoore007
Honored Guest
I want to be able to load an application via Side Quest, but have run into a problem connecting my Quest 2 to my laptop. I've got the Oculus app installed, also Side Quest and the associated driver. I am trying to connect using the USB-C lead from my HoloLens (which I understand is good for power and data), but I just get a spinning wheel. The device doesn't show in file mgr. It looks like there may be an issue with my graphics card (looking at various posts and the Quest documentation)  - I have an Intel UHD Graphic 630 (on a Lenovo Think Pad with i5 8350U CPU, 8Gb RAM). Does this mean I won't be able to use Side Quest?

Thanks in advance!
1 REPLY 1

PITTCANNA
Visionary

I want to be able to load an application via Side Quest, but have run into a problem connecting my Quest 2 to my laptop. I've got the Oculus app installed, also Side Quest and the associated driver. I am trying to connect using the USB-C lead from my HoloLens (which I understand is good for power and data), but I just get a spinning wheel. The device doesn't show in file mgr. It looks like there may be an issue with my graphics card (looking at various posts and the Quest documentation)  - I have an Intel UHD Graphic 630 (on a Lenovo Think Pad with i5 8350U CPU, 8Gb RAM). Does this mean I won't be able to use Side Quest?

Thanks in advance!

Well your not going to be able to run it via link (like a rift s) due to your uhd graphics.

That said if your trying to sidequest, make sure the oculus app is closed, and the sidequest is open prior to connecting via usb.  

Make sure the adb drivers are installed
Make sure you have a developer account
enable developer on the quest 2 via the mobile app

The quest 2 should be powered on and on the home screen, plug it in with sidequest running, look in the headset it should ask you if you want accept rsa handshake, accept it then use sidequest.