cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with haptics feedback with the SteamVR version of game Synth Riders via Oculus Air Link

svopex
Honored Guest

Hello, I have problem with haptics feedback with the SteamVR version of game Synth Riders via Oculus Air Link. Haptics feedback is not ok, haptics feedback is weak. But with Virtual desktop VR, haptic feedback is ok. It's software problem. When I test oculus store version of Synth Riders via air link, everything is ok. All other games are ok. 

I discussed it with author of Synth Riders and they tell me:

MY QUESTION: SVOPEX (I):
Hello, when I play Synth Riders SteamVR version by Oculus Air link on Oculus Quest 1, haptics
feedback of game is not good. When I play Synth Riders SteamVR version by Virtual Desktop VR on
Oculus Quest 1, haptics feedback is ok. Is it possible to fix this error or discuss it with
Oculus? Thanks

ANSWER: WIRREL42 (developer of game Synth Riders) — 07/02/2021:
We cannot control the haptic levels in each of these combinations. When you play on SteamVR via
air link or virtual desktop there is a translation step from SteamVR to OpenVR which translates
what haptics are intended, and then again when it gets to Air Link or Virtual Desktop. The
developer of Virtual Desktop specifically adjusted the haptics translation in their software for
the game, which is why the difference to Air Link. You could try using launch options -vrmode
oculus on your SteamVR version of the game to select the Oculus API rather than OpenVR, which will
remove one translation step and maybe make that better? I hope that explains it.

I wanted to send this information to Oculus developers by Oculus support, but support is really stupid. They tell me, that I would be reinstall oculus home software, change setting of nvidia graphics card and etc...

Petr

1 REPLY 1

svopex
Honored Guest

Oculus support answer:

In other words, Oculus do not currently support Steam and other related third party games and platforms, they are not allowed nor recommended. We can not guarantee that they will work with your device and offer the support for it. You can check the full policy here ...

Ok, I did not know about it.