cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with oculus link - AMD RX580

GrahamMacBean
Honored Guest
Hello everyone, I was having horrible lag when I first tried oculus link, then I updated my Radeon driver and BAM! Awesome. Steam VR went from 40 - 60 of 13.9 ms to being around 5 of 13.9 ms. Everything was buttery smooth, working sounds, no lag. 

Then I go to try it again the next day and it's back to being unplayable. Some folks are saying it was an update, but it has been updated again since and still not working. If this isn't solved soon I will have to send it back as I won't be able to return it soon. 

I have tried:
reinstalling AMD drivers, restarting oculus, going in the PTC, opting out of it again, playing with settings, everything basically. No luck.

Please let me know if there is a simple fix, or if I need to just wait, or if others are having this problem. 

Specs:
System Model AX370-Gaming
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Default string
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor, 3000 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F23, 2018-08-08
SMBIOS Version 3.1
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product AX370-Gaming-CF
BaseBoard Version se1
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.387"
User Name MACBEAN-DESKTOP\Graham & Devany
Time Zone Mountain Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.95 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.33 GB
Total Virtual Memory 14.7 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.46 GB
Page File Space 6.75 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

1 REPLY 1

tateconcepts
Protege
@GrahamMacBean

Question, what was your experience like when you first enabled Oculus Link Beta and taken to the virtual room (don't include any app/game content you launched after)?

I'm asking because I once tested the Rift on my Intel Hades Canyon NUC. Ran excellent but my kids disliked the cable, I didn't care but wanted better performance than the Go offered at the time. Now I purchased the Quest but I really don't have anyone to provide comments on what they visually see in the Link virtual room compared to the Quest virtual room (if you have ever seen the Rift/S also)?