cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUEST LINK HELP!

elriotregresa
Explorer
Hey all. I've made sure I have my quest updated to 11 & the Oculus Software is currently at 12.0. My question is... I am trying to launch the link beta from the headset and I keep getting this on my desktop "A Quest software update is required for Oculus Link. Install the update from the About section of Setting in your headset". I am simply confused about what could be going on since I am up to date on all firmware. Any Ideas? Thanks!

All the Best,
Christopher
8 REPLIES 8

elriotregresa
Explorer
vlg09nkhx6cn.png

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Link doesn't currently work with Oculus PC software 12.0 (because 12.0 Quest software isn't out yet). Opt out of the PTC beta to roll back to 1.43 in the PC software, and you should be good to go.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

elriotregresa
Explorer
giving it a try now! Thank you! I was watching a tutorial and they said to opt into PTC beta to get full link support but it didn't add up in my mind when my oculus firmware was 12 and quest was 11.... Your solution makes sense. I'll let you know how it goes! You rock Nalex66.

elriotregresa
Explorer
I am also about to try this with SLI 970's LOL! I have a dedicated 1070 on my laptop I know will work I just want to see what this yields. Wish me luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also about to try this with SLI 970's LOL! I have a dedicated 1070 on my laptop I know will work I just want to see what this yields. Wish me luck!

I'm not sure if SLI will do you any good, as only a few VR games actually support SLI.

mariostar555
Honored Guest
Hallo,

Geht der Oculus Quest Link mit der ASUS Geforce GTX 1080 OC STRIX Gaming Karte??

mariostar555
Honored Guest
Does Oculus Quest link work wih ASUS Geforce GTX 1080 OC STRIX Gaming Card?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @mariostar555, the GTX 1080 should work with Oculus Link. Oculus Link compatibility information is available here. If you need any assistance, please feel free to contact support here. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!