cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Elite Strap snapped on 1 side

Gobo75
Honored Guest
I'm very careful when it comes to handling and cleaning my Oculus'.  I have the Elite strap for my quest 2.  While putting the Quest 2 on my head, I felt a snap on the right side (about in the middle).  I removed the headset to see an unfortunate crack on the side.  How do I return this strap and get a replacement?  I'd rather come here first before I bug the Oculus support staff.  I've only had the elite strap for about 10-12 days.  
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Best to go straight to Contact Customer support for a refund or replacement. 
Its pretty common and Oculus are aware of the issue. 

rtathegawd84
Protege

Sgt_ONeal said:

I'm very careful when it comes to handling and cleaning my Oculus'.  I have the Elite strap for my quest 2.  While putting the Quest 2 on my head, I felt a snap on the right side (about in the middle).  I removed the headset to see an unfortunate crack on the side.  How do I return this strap and get a replacement?  I'd rather come here first before I bug the Oculus support staff.  I've only had the elite strap for about 10-12 days.  

Yeah this is a known fault at the moment as they're breaking even just being tightened and worn even when treated extremely delicately, definitely not your fault. it's been removed from sale and all preorders cancelled, oculus are looking into it so maybe contact support get a refund then wait a while to see what they say once they've decided on the cause/fix. use the stock strap till then don't get another to avoid the disappointment. I got mine 1-2 days before it started appearing loads on Reddit with the broken side struts. Mine hasn't broke yet 2+ weeks later but I'm definitely living in fear with it

Gobo75
Honored Guest
What I have done instead was purchase the HTC Vive headstrap along with a 3D printed adapter to have it fit the sides of the Q2.  Very good quality but we'll see how it tests over time as I use my Q2 for hours each day.

novahux
Honored Guest
been very carefull with mine and  just noticed a hairline crack on under side of the right band 😞

Aawon_S
Honored Guest
Mine cracked after use by one adult (myself) for just over two weeks. I've been careful with it. I was completely shocked and honestly upset when I noticed it. I hadn't looked or seen all the comments online about them cracking, so it caught me off guard. I ordered from Amazon and it looks like they are just replacing it... Also mine cracked on the right side as well. In two spots!

cob79
Honored Guest
Snap! (Unfortunately) logged a case on Sunday, they said they would get back to me, it's Thursday now. Still no word. Anyone any idea how long they take. Pretty annoyed as I purchased the battery strap. Not cheap.

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
You guys are getting 2 years warranty instead of 1. Oculus increased it because of the semi-common fracture issue so at least you're getting something in return. I just got mine recently and I'm treating it like it's made of eggshells LOL.