cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Link Cable Problem

PanWok
Level 2
When i connect my link cable to my headset everything seems fine. Both my computer and headset acknowledge the connection. However, when i click to use the link in the headset it goes blank and ports me back to the home screen again or it just says App has stopped working. I've done all the delete reinstall crap they tell you to do but nothing seems to work. Link cable is the official one.

My comp is i7-8700k with a Vega64, 16gb ram, windows 10 - Never had a problem with this before as it used to work when i fist got it.
4 REPLIES 4

Dingo05
Level 2
I have the same problem, i get "general device problem" and "no HDMI connection" after placing the headset. When it is on 'sleep' and i test the cable in oculus software it is all green and "connected and active." this problem has seriously impacted me and i can't say that i would recommend the oculus quest 2 due to these problems. I hope it gets fixed.

Fyrstorm
Level 2
Same problem as you both, it has been going on for a week or so.

ehjort1981
Level 4
If you have an AMD graphics card, you need to rollback to version 20.11.1 or for me with virtual desktop, 20.10.1.  then things should function.  AMD broke link functionality 8n the new drivers!

ZevWithACapital
Level 2
Im having the same problem. Does rolling back my drivers really fix it?