cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 No Tracking Problem After Updating To V25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm probably one of the first users to get the new update, but the only problem is after I updated I've been getting this problems where my headset loses my tracking and I either have to wait a few minutes or hard reset my Quest. I restarted my quest about 2-6 times about now and it's getting very irritated. 

Although seeing that this update just rolled out, I can see this being fixed sooner or later.

Edit: Forgot to mention that sometimes I just don't see anything when I look into the headset. 
20 REPLIES 20

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi there, does the issue change if you move to another play area at all? Make sure that the lighting is adequate and there are minimal to no reflective surfaces in the area. If the issue persists, please click here to submit a ticket so we can help. Thanks!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

peter_pkmn
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue since my quest 2 turned off because of low battery yesterday (also got ht e v25 update like 2 days ago), after a reboot it always takes a minute for the quest 2 to regain tracking (I've tried multiple rooms in my house that worked perfectly before). Also when I make the guardian boundary it feels really choppy, like I have low fps. After it has regained tracking it seems to work fine, but it's really annoying. I also got the update yesterday so it seems to be the cause.

LapinFou14
Protege
Same issue since the V25 update. ?

Bozzaspad
Explorer
Had same issue plus others, factory reset resolved my issues

m_c3
Explorer
Same issue since update and my guardian is not working properly either

LapinFou14
Protege

Same issue since the V25 update. ?

If it can help, I'm using the elite strap with battery.

GameBoyYeet
Explorer
guardian is super glitchy for me and the home environment glitches so much when i use neverthink, if i turn on experimental features, guardian spazzes out and doesnt work so i have to factory reset

George_nsh
Explorer
same issue

LapinFou14
Protege
In don't know if it is correlated, but disabling the "hand" feature seems to cure some issues.