cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - PCVR using Link cable - Best settings?

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Hi guys, what's the best settings to use for PCVR using USBC for Quest 2, I'm really wanting to find the best settings as I want to use Quest 2 as a hybrid and then I can sell my Rift S.

What settings is everyone using?

I'm currently using the below settings but should I change anything? 

Also I saw someone online say they set distortion Curvature to low, what does that do?

And do I need to keep debug tool open all time or does it save it after I close?

I only tried In Death yesterday for first time and it seemed a bit blurry but after changing these settings I noticed a big difference to the clarity.

Also for anyone who has not tried this yet you can find the debug tool in your Oculus installation folders and you have to click file - restart as admin when you launch it for this to work apparently.

These settings seemed to work perfectly for In Death but when I tried Beat saber it was jerking a lot. Maybe I should lower the bit rate to 350, I'm not sure.

Thanks.

gsoz2nja995c.png
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I think you are currently best to stick with non-beta v21 and just use your Oculus Desktop app device quality settings (in your case probably prefer Quality).  If you want to further improve this use the free Oculus Tray Tool and use its Quest tab to change the encoding resolution to 3664 and then change the global settings to super sampling = 1.2 and asw = auto, and auto scaling = off.  This should give you the best results with Link right now imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Ok thanks mate, I'll give that a shot tonight.

Hopefully it lets me revert back from v23 to v21.

BTW I noticed the audio was quiet when playing PCVR through the link cable. All the settings in windows and on the headset are maximum.

If I use the Quest wireless it's really loud but with link it's like the volume is turned down 30%-40$%. It's loud enough to play but it's still quiet. 

Is this a known issue and does anyone know how to solve this yet? Other then that the link cable seemed to work pretty good but need to spend a few more days testing more games before I can give final verdict.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I cannot say I've noticed any difference in audio between wireless and Link. Both use the Oculus virtual audio so they should work the same.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers