cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - Somethings happening....Shipping has begun

Eatsrootsleaves
Protege
Woke up this morning to find a paypal charge has gone through to Oculus Ireland for AUD$208.01 which is as far as I can tell the cost of the Quest 2 accessories, optical lead and elite strap.
So it looks like it has begun but not sure about the extra 1 cent LOL, getting a bit of deja vu from when I ordered the CV1 over 3 years ago.
No sign of any confirmation emails as yet but at least something is happening.
70 REPLIES 70

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I don’t think anyone has gotten emails from Oculus about shipping—just credit card charges, and Processing for Shipping listed as the order status on their Profile/Orders page. I imagine you’ll see something soon.

I’m pretty sure Australia and New Zealand get their shipments direct from China. It seems like people in countries further from the source are getting processed earliest to allow for longer transit time. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Twodogsprime
Protege

nalex66 said:

I’m pretty sure Australia and New Zealand get their shipments direct from China. It seems like people in countries further from the source are getting processed earliest to allow for longer transit time. 

Hope so 

kojack
MVP
MVP
Australia used to get them from Hong Kong. But I believe we now get them via Singapore, based on a few posts on here.

The 2 day shipping from Hong Kong to Brisbane for my Oculus Go was the fastest I've had from Oculus. (4 days total from ordering to playing)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Eatsrootsleaves
Protege
Nope not one email from Oculus
Still haven't charged out the headset either just the accessories....most strange
Anyone else had that scenario?

MerlinStWahgwaa
Expert Protege
I have only had my headset charged so far, no charges for the elite strap with battery and case, or the link cable... charged me for the headset on Oct 6, late evening, almost 48hours now, and no other charges or any shipping emails of any kind yet....
In Canada here myself.

reno55
Explorer
This is crazy we all got charged but they cant even provide tracking info or tell us if we will have on launch day

MerlinStWahgwaa
Expert Protege

reno55 said:

This is crazy we all got charged but they cant even provide tracking info or tell us if we will have on launch day

I kinda think they are just packaging everything now, hence charging us... they probably havnt begun adding tracking numbers and physically shipping them yet because that will involve getting tracking numbers from the various world wide postal carriers for each and every package, as well as printing them and labeling the boxes correctly.

I'm suspecting over the weekend/Monday, we will recieve an email updating us on our orders, and giving tracking info and delivery estimates to those who have been shipped/will be delivered starting the 13th...

But I can tell you, all of my items are on one order, placed 5min after the keynote began on the launch date for pre orders, so I should be one of the first orders, and I ordered everything and got Oct 13 delivery dates for it all, so they deff need to charge a bunch more money on my card and havnt yet.... could be dozens of reasons why they have delayed charges, including only charging things as they package them for each customer, and working thru devices by type and order number, examp. doing all the headsets in order until they run out of stock, before doing the link cables or elite straps... also each country/packing facility/ect could be doing things slightly differently depending on the managers and staff availability ect...

At this point, im giving Oculus the benefit of the doubt that they have things worked out and were ready for this since they've had like 3 fulll weeks since the launch of pre orders to get ready, and that everyone promised items for the Oct 13th delivery date, will get them on that date, with of course the occasional exception due to local mail carriers delays after Oculus has shipped the item....

**fingers crossed**

ohgrant
Superstar
 I ordered from Amazon Prime. My account says my Q2 will arrive before 8 PM on Tuesday. Elite HS will arrive on before 8 on Thursday.  
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Well, something happened alright.
Yesterday I couldn't use kickstarter, it kept saying declined
transaction. I thought it was kickstarter screwing up. Today I couldn't
use paypal. Had to call the bank.

It turns out Suncorp decided the Quest 2 was suspicious, so they locked my Visa card.
I guess that means they prefer the Reverb G2, since they didn't mind that one going through.

What would have been nice is if they actually told me. I could have been stuck in the city somewhere with just a not working visa card and no way home. They know my email address and phone number, but they didn't contact me. Just lock the card and wait for me to notice.

Anyway, fixed now.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

kojack said:

Well, something happened alright.
Yesterday I couldn't use kickstarter, it kept saying declined
transaction. I thought it was kickstarter screwing up. Today I couldn't
use paypal. Had to call the bank.

It turns out Suncorp decided the Quest 2 was suspicious, so they locked my Visa card.
I guess that means they prefer the Reverb G2, since they didn't mind that one going through.

What would have been nice is if they actually told me. I could have been stuck in the city somewhere with just a not working visa card and no way home. They know my email address and phone number, but they didn't contact me. Just lock the card and wait for me to notice.

Anyway, fixed now.

Only ever happened to me once with my NAB visa.  I got an immediate sms on my phone with a contact number.  Called them and sorted it out immediately.  Still required an e-mail and security code to verify.  Does not bode well for Suncorp imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers