cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 battery

Resistance46
Explorer
So the battery that comes with it lasts 2 to 3 hours from what I have seen does anyone know if you have the bigger battery pack how long does it last
8 REPLIES 8

enigma01
Trustee
You mean the Elite Headstrap with battery? Another approx 2 hours I believe. 

Resistance46
Explorer
Yes that one, so 4 to 5 hour play time wish they would have a battery with longer play time

Anonymous
Not applicable
So potentially a dumb question.  I have a Quest 2 on pre-order.  My main plan is to use it for PC gaming via Steam.  My understanding is that the USB C port on the Quest 2 is used to both connect to the PC as well as charge so you can not do both at the same time.  Nor can I use the Headstrap with battery at the same time as the PC.  

Do they make USB-C hubs similar to the USB hubs so prevalent?  If so, could I plug the hub into the Quest 2 and then both charge and connect to PC at the same time?  This assumes that USB C hubs exist.  I have searched from them but not clear that what I am finding actually allows 2 USB C ports to connect to a single USB C port, most of what I am finding talking about adding regular USB ports, HDMI port, etc.

Since the headstrap battery can obviously charge the Quest 2 while playing games, I assume if I had the USB C hub, I could do both play on the PC and charge at the same time.

Resistance46
Explorer
You can do both if you get the Elite Strap with Battery pack as there is a usb connection on the battery under side

enigma01
Trustee

The Elite Strap with Battery pack is the best deal it seems. Tbh 5 hrs for me is more than enough

Really? You can get the standard Elite strap without battery and an Anker power bank with probably twice the capacity or more as the Elite Headstrap with battery for less. 

enigma01
Trustee

My understanding is that the USB C port on the Quest 2 is used to both connect to the PC as well as charge so you can not do both at the same time.  Nor can I use the Headstrap with battery at the same time as the PC.  
The Elite Strap with battery cannot be plugged in when using Oculus Link. It says so on Oculus website. There is no data pass through, so you’d have to disconnect the Headstrap power and just connect to PC Link cable direct into the headset. 

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer

So potentially a dumb question.  I have a Quest 2 on pre-order.  My main plan is to use it for PC gaming via Steam.  My understanding is that the USB C port on the Quest 2 is used to both connect to the PC as well as charge so you can not do both at the same time.  Nor can I use the Headstrap with battery at the same time as the PC.  

Do they make USB-C hubs similar to the USB hubs so prevalent?  If so, could I plug the hub into the Quest 2 and then both charge and connect to PC at the same time?  This assumes that USB C hubs exist.  I have searched from them but not clear that what I am finding actually allows 2 USB C ports to connect to a single USB C port, most of what I am finding talking about adding regular USB ports, HDMI port, etc.

Since the headstrap battery can obviously charge the Quest 2 while playing games, I assume if I had the USB C hub, I could do both play on the PC and charge at the same time.

Don't use any hubs USB hubs divide the bandwidth to charge Quest 2 during game play you need USB 3.2c  PCIE card with  ports that are 5V/3A powered by SATA cable from power supply and out of  all cables tested the only one that charged the Quest 2 during gameplay is the official Occulus Link Cable. Other cables will work fine but don't charge the Quest 2 when using the link function (PCVR gaming) Do a google search there are plenty of you tubes videos on the subject.

Todesjaeger
Honored Guest
I stream PC VR wirelessly over the 5GHz band on my router....no need for a USB-C connection..even if I put the bitrate at 50MBps..it does require some software ...the PC stuff is free except Virtual Desktop from Oculus Store.... by doing that,  I am able to use a regular 10,000mAh  battery pack with a usb-c while playing. There are instructions and videos around the internet that will show you how to do it.  Played star wars squadrons no problem.