cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 pre-orders

AndyTheMedic
Protege
I made a pre-order for the Quest 2 & the Elite Strap on the first day of Facebook Connect 2020. I immediately received confirmation emails for both items.
On checking the status of those pre-orders yesterday. I can find no trace of the Quest 2 pre-order, but there was evidence of the Elite Strap pre-order. I am a member of a number of Facebook Oculus Quest groups & I advised other group members to also check their pre-order status. A number of people said they had noticed the same problem. The strap was listed as pre-ordered but not the headset. Or rather that the headset (only) was listed as pre-ordered but under 'guest' sign in & not their account. I cannot find anything relating to a 'guest sign in' relating to my orders.
I have therefore canceled my Elite head strap pre-order & have subsequently made a pre-order for the Quest 2 headset & Elite strap through amazon.co.uk. Can I get a confirmation that I now have no pre-orders under 'guest' please?
3 REPLIES 3

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Despite buying my headsets while signed in to Oculus, they came up as "Guest" purchases. The reason, as far as I can guess, is quite simple - what if you are buying it for someone else? That might not be it, but it makes sense.

In my case, the headsets were only linked to my account once I had set them up in Home - on PC or with Quest, on the app.

I remember lots of needlessly panicked posts about this before Rift CV1 was released.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

AndyTheMedic
Protege
How do I track & trace an order or pre-order if it doesn't show up in my account?

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
They send you the info by email

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2