cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 screen sometimes not horizontally level. Is there any calibration that can be run to fix it?

WarpedTrekker
Expert Protege
Sometimes when I put on the headset while it was in sleep mode, the screen will come up severely tilted to one side. A reboot usually fixes it, but I've noticed my screen still has a very small tilt in it. Is there some type of calibration you can run?
9 REPLIES 9

WarpedTrekker
Expert Protege
Anyone have any idea how to fix the issue? Screen is always a little tilted down to the left. Not an issues with asymmetrical face. This wasn't like this when I first got the Quest 2. Something has become uncalibrated.

WarpedTrekker
Expert Protege
No one having this issue? It's most noticeable in Tetris Effect, and other games with white text/logo. Slighted tilted text on the left side. If I adjust my headset up on the left side, the tilted effect remains, as it follows the headset.

DominatorVIP
Adventurer
I'd try running the "screen adjustment" app that comes included with your Oculus Quest. It's possible for whatever reason your lenses are too far apart, headset isn't in the right spot, etc.

If this doesn't sound like it would help, then I'm not sure what will. There's no included screen calibration other then the screen adjustment app thing I suggested earlier. My only other bit of advise would be to shoot Oculus Support an email, as they are sure to know something I don't.

Cheers,
DominatorVIP

WarpedTrekker
Expert Protege

I'd try running the "screen adjustment" app that comes included with your Oculus Quest. It's possible for whatever reason your lenses are too far apart, headset isn't in the right spot, etc.

If this doesn't sound like it would help, then I'm not sure what will. There's no included screen calibration other then the screen adjustment app thing I suggested earlier. My only other bit of advise would be to shoot Oculus Support an email, as they are sure to know something I don't.

Cheers,
DominatorVIP

Where is this "screen adjustment" app? Never seen anything like that in the Quest 2 settings.

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer
Had it with my quest a couple yrs back,RMA'd it
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo

WarpedTrekker
Expert Protege
I've opened a ticket with Oculus and sent them a few pictures showing the issue. They had me factory reset, which didn't help.
0nu4p8raff2b.jpg

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
Try this. After you do a factory reset hold your head slightly tilted to the left the same amount of degrees that it's off so when you put your head straight it may be at the proper tilt. I doubt this would work but you never know. I would look up how phones know their tilt and work from there.

WarpedTrekker
Expert Protege

aguy10 said:

Try this. After you do a factory reset hold your head slightly tilted to the left the same amount of degrees that it's off so when you put your head straight it may be at the proper tilt. I doubt this would work but you never know. I would look up how phones know their tilt and work from there.

Nope didn't work. Oculus sent me a shipping label to send everything back and they will send a new one out to me.

Well I haven't sent anything back yet. Been too busy playing other games. But the tilted screen still is there. Not noticeable in all games though, since it's only 1-2 degrees. I'm wondering if the lenses themselves can be turned to fix the issue.