cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 still tracking lost even after the factory reset

ivapemandalay
Explorer
Hi , I got the quest 2 just more than a week and suddenly it show black screen with tracking lost warning. After some googling i did the factory reset with success but after the reboot I am stuck at the controller pairing menu because tracking still not working .I've tried pressing the oculus + B on controller but no luck . Pairing the Q2 with phone works but couldn't pair controller there too .I was thinking of installing stock firmware through ADB but without tracking work i don't know if there is anyway to allow the debugging on Q2 . Any help would be very appreciated.  Thanks 
5 REPLIES 5

Zippyban
Honored Guest
Same here, I just got the Quest 2, set it up, bought and loaded a couple of games and tried them out. Everything was going well until I started getting tracking lost message with it saying it was disabling the guardian. This quickly degenerated until all I get is the Tracking Lost screen, dispite a number of factory resets and un-pairing/pairing the controllers, phone and head set.
Gutted

sexybandit45
Honored Guest
I have found the fix to this after many frustrating hours..... power on your vr. then after it says tracking lost turn your guardian back on from settings. then turn off your lights till your room is pitch black. then unplug your wifi router and restart your headset. while its restarting turn every light in your room on. this fixed the issue. 

Crashd0g
Honored Guest
Sexybandit45,  should we be jumping on one leg also?  

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Crashd0g said:

Sexybandit45,  should we be jumping on one leg also?  

and standing on your head.

SharonHala
Explorer
i also get a "tracking lost" & "guardian not found" errors lately on my week old quest 2..
used to work fine i dont know what happend...