cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 w/ Elite Strap Not Comfortable

Woobisah
Honored Guest
Maybe it is just me, but even with the Elite strap, and the VR cover, I'm finding the Quest 2 to be pretty uncomfortable.  I'm thinking it is the lack of padding in the back.  Hopefully someone comes up with something.   I'm coming from the WMR Samsung Quest 2 and while it is heavier, I could go forever with it on.
16 REPLIES 16

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

Woobisah said:

Maybe it is just me, but even with the Elite strap, and the VR cover, I'm finding the Quest 2 to be pretty uncomfortable.  I'm thinking it is the lack of padding in the back.  Hopefully someone comes up with something.   I'm coming from the WMR Samsung Quest 2 and while it is heavier, I could go forever with it on.

I have seen a few who mention this and tbh even from pics alone I can tell it's not a comfortable strap, shame they did not have one like the rift s had...most comfy VR strap there is for me and I've had a few headsets

paesan
Expert Protege
I have it and do not find it uncomfortable. I think it is a big improvement over the original strap. The dial on the back to make it tighter is a very good feature. I have seen aftermarket padding for this, can't remember where though.
Intel i7 7700k | Asus ROG Strix Z270E | G Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3200 | Asus GTX1080-O8G
EVGA Supernova 850 G2 | Samsung 960 Pro M.2 500GB | Swiftech H240 X2 | WD Black 5TB | WD Black 4TB
Toshiba 1TB | Corsair Graphite 760T | Windows 10 64 bit | Rift CV1 + Touch | StarTech 4 port PCI Express USB 3 - 5Gbps

Genericat
Expert Protege
Yes someone posted on reddit that they used the VR Cover Quest Foam Pad on the Quest 2 Elite strap with very comfortable results. LInk: https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-quest-head-strap-foam-pad/

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

paesan said:

I have it and do not find it uncomfortable. I think it is a big improvement over the original strap. The dial on the back to make it tighter is a very good feature. I have seen aftermarket padding for this, can't remember where though.

But anything at all is a improvement over that lol, they made it bad on purpose knowing most will pay the £50 for the elite strap, look at it this way the rift s was £399, this base version quest 2 is £299 but most will want and need the elite strap at £50 and alot want the link cable if not on offer thats £89 so people are paying more than the rift S price

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

SJD1969 said:

Yes someone posted on reddit that they used the VR Cover Quest Foam Pad on the Quest 2 Elite strap with very comfortable results. LInk: https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-quest-head-strap-foam-pad/

Me too, good solution.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Draek2017
Explorer
I find the elite strap and quest 2 extremely comfortable. The most comfortable VR headset and I've owned all of them.

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
Same here, not a fan of the Elite strap, swithed back to the stock strap. Not super, but better imo.
Rift S Halo is comfotable.
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

JCat
Expert Protege
I thought it was just me. I can't get this Elite strap going to the point I feel comfortable. I find myself constantly adjusting it. Why the hell did they not use the Halo style like the Rift S and PSVR, the two most comfortable headsets on the planet. You'd think after the #1 complaint about the Quest, there would be a big improvement.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Halo isn't comfortable for everyone 😉

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2