Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
135 REPLIES 135

vraintdead
Explorer
Sorry, but is there a 256550.6170.5 firmware released?  There is a post under support about it,  but the Quest forum makes no mention of it.

MrCr0a
Protege

Sorry, but is there a 256550.6170.5 firmware released?  There is a post under support about it,  but the Quest forum makes no mention of it.

Yep, probably a hotfix for the queuing download issue.

Yza
Explorer
Did anyone noticed very apparent screen ghosting after the new update? I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now - It seems like I can see now last frame with ~25% opacity? Bad Asynchronous Wrap? Could anyone confirm or disprove? 

Kissenschlachte
Explorer
Wonderful. Is there any way to subscribe to all (Quest) announcements or release notes?

bjablonka8120
Honored Guest
I got the update today but now the right speaker makes some crackeling noises. It never did before. Does anyone have any ideas or experience the same issues?

Thanks

Bernd

adamrifts
Protege

I got the update today but now the right speaker makes some crackeling noises. It never did before. Does anyone have any ideas or experience the same issues?

Thanks

Bernd

This is a big with all quests. Restart your device will fix it for a while. Oculus is aware of this and will be fixing it with a update.

SpaceXvr
Honored Guest
My issue with the new update is it seemed to affect tracking mainly on the left side... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

SpaceXvr said:

My issue with the new update is it seemed to affect tracking mainly on the left side... 

I just experienced this today...after the update. Trying to play Beat Saber, and my left controller's stuck rotating in space. I don't think it's the lighting in my place either, as I never had the issue before, and I stand with the light to my right side anyway.

BadDanME
Expert Protege

Spuzzum said:

SpaceXvr said:

I just experienced this today...after the update. Trying to play Beat Saber, and my left controller's stuck rotating in space. I don't think it's the lighting in my place either, as I never had the issue before, and I stand with the light to my right side anyway.

Had to reboot the quest twice, because of this. One time it was the right controller, and a few minutes later the left. Since then they never stuck again. Very strange.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My version says 256550.6170.5. Is that the same update? The last number is different from above. Also, I do not have the option to turn on Auto Update under Advanced Settings.